Copperbelt University School of Medicine Admission Form 2023/2024, www.cbu.ac.zm admission.
The management of the Copperbelt University has announced the release of the 2023/2024 School of Medicine Admission Form online. Interested applicants should see the Copperbelt University Admission Form application details below.
Copperbelt University School of Medicine Admission Form 2023/2024
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO 2023/2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Copperbelt University invites applications for the Academic Year 2023/2024 to be undertaken at the Michael Chilufya
Sata School of Medicine in Ndola in the following degree programmes under parallel (self-sponsorship) programmes:
1. Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine (BSc CM)
This programme is designed to upgrade the knowledge and skills of Health workers who have attained basic training in any health related field but in
particular those with Diplomas in Clinical Sciences. The programme will provide training which will elevate their level of expertise up to a specialist
clinical officer or a licentiate in the health service labour market in Zambia. The course aims to provide training in Basic Medical Sciences (Anatomy,
Physiology, Pathology, Laboratory and Diagnostic Sciences, Behavioural Sciences and Therapeutics) as well as practical training in the main branches
of Clinical Sciences.
● Diploma in Clinical Medicine with average graduation grade of “B”.
● Diploma in a Health related Science with an average graduation grade of B.
● Registration with the HPCZ and a minimum of 2 years working experience.
● One year in School of Natural Sciences at Copperbelt University with an average grade of B in Physics, Biology, Chemistry andMathematics or equivalent.
● Applicants should have obtained five (5) O Level Credits or better, including Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Science (Physics and Chemistry) and any other subject.
2. Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
The Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery is a five (5) year Programme in curative medicine, preventive health and social medicine. The Programme offers Basic
and Clinical Sciences concurrently in a longitudinal design. The focus is to equip trainee doctors with competences in curative medicine and preventive health.
3. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery is a five (5) year programme running alongside the MBChB programme. The two streams are separated during the
Clinical Sciences training years. The focus is to equip trainee Dental Surgeons with competences in curative and preventive oral health.
Applicants to the two programmes should have:
(a) Either obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Sciences with Biology and Chemistry at credit level.
(b) Possess a Diploma in Dentistry or equivalent from an approved Dental Training Institution for Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
(c) Applicants with ‘A’ Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics from The Copperbelt University or from a recognised University shall be admitted into Second Year.
(d) Applicants should have obtained five (5) O Level Credits or better, including Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Science (Physics and Chemistry) and any other subject.
4. Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences
Applicants with the following requirements are invited to apply:
1. School Leavers with ‘A’ Level in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics from Copperbelt University or from a recognised University shall be admitted to the Second Year. Candidates should also have at least 5 ‘O’ Levels including English, Mathematics, Sciences (Physics and Chemistry), Biology and any other subject.
2. Candidates with an Advanced Certificate or a Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology or an equivalent qualification with a Credit or better will be admitted to the Second Year. Candidates should have two years work experience and have at least 5 ‘O’ Levels including English, Mathematics, Sciences (Physics and Chemistry), Biology and any other subject.
3. Candidates with a Diploma in Biomedical Sciences, Medical Laboratory Sciences or an equivalent qualification with Credit or better shall be admitted to the third year. Candidates should also have at least 5 ‘O’ Levels including English, Mathematics, Sciences (Physics and Chemistry). Biology and any other subject.
5. Bachelor of Science (NQS) – Premedical Foundation Applicants with only Grade 12 results who wish to study Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BChD), Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine, or Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences should apply under this programme.
Applicants should have obtained at least five (5) ‘O’ Levels, with a credit or better, including English, Mathematics, Science (Combined science or Pure Chemistry and Physics), Biology and any one subject.
Female applicants and candidates living in rural areas of Zambia are especially encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Candidates are requested to apply on-line by logging on to the Copperbelt University Website at www//cbu.edu.zm and clicking the online application link. Applicants are further advised to complete and submit the form online and thereafter print the ZANACO student Bill Muster form. This is what will be used to make a payment of K150.00 at any Zambia National Commercial Bank Branch (ZANACO).
The closing date for online application forms is not announce yet
For further information contact:
The Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs),
Telephone : 212 290815/ 212 290816
Email : Academicoffice @cbu.ac.zm
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!