First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies for ERT Leader Position & How to Apply.
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd Recruitment 2019
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that First Quantum Minerals Ltd recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Positions 2019
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
1. Organize and supervise the fire crew
- Anticipate fire crew needs and solve them,
- Establish and maintain shift manning levels,
- Assess fire behavior and initiate attack methods on approach to fire situations,
- Ensure proper fire suppression techniques are employed,
- Ensure safety is practiced by all crew members at all times
- Inspect and test all rescue equipment’s and maintain their cleanliness
- Evaluate the crew’s performance,
- Maintain order and discipline in the team,
- Solve all problems and queries brought to attention by subordinates,
- Supervise and attend to all medical related incidents in the mine and outside the mine,2. Maintain firefighting equipment
- Instruct crew on testing, maintenance and repair of all firefighting and rescue equipment’s as per standard operating procedure and schedules,
- Carry out preventative maintenance of fire and rescue equipment’s,
- Supervise the cleaning, repair and maintenance of fire and rescue equipment’s
- Identify faulty equipment and carry out necessary repairs,
- Carry out inspections of all firefighting equipment’s installed on the mine,3. Participate and train fire crews
- Assist Superiors in the training of crew members,
- Participate in required training sessions on the mine,
- Evaluate crew members to identify training needs,4. Participate in the Fire, Rescue and Medical Services
- Lead ERT crew members to all fire, rescue and medical incidents
- Take charge of incidents in the absence of Superiors,
- Operate all emergency vehicles in a safe manner when need arises,
- Make random topography of the mine site to familiarization himself and team,
- Maintain all emergency communication facilities in good working order,
- Generate detailed preliminary reports for fire ,EMS, aviation standbys and others special service tasks completed,
- Conduct shift mock drills,
- Allocate ERT members their manning levels in an event of an emergency,
- Conduct debriefing with crew members for all incidents attended.5. Perform administrative duties
- Attend daily pre shift meetings with the Senior Fire Officer,
- Prepare various daily reports to the Senior Fire Officer ,
- Conduct daily shift parade and tool box safety meeting
- Plan daily shift tasks and training,
- Maintain a log for all firefighting equipment’s in his/her area of inspection6. Perform other related duties as required
- Save and protect life, property and render humanitarian services,
- Lead ERT crew to respond quickly to all unforeseen circumstances as they arise to prevent loss of life, property and environment.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory role preferably in the mining industry,
- Possess knowledge of all fire control and rescue practices and policies,
Possess knowledge of emergency response procedures,
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications;
- Grade 12 certificate with a merit in English, Science and Mathematics
- Having Passed Fire Service Statutory Examinations Leading Fire-Fighter ,Sub/Officers, Station Fire Officer or equivalent FF1,FF2 or IFE qualifications level 3 Certificate,
- Basic Life Support (BLS),
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS),
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Certificate (SCBA),
- Vehicle Extrication Certificate,
- Hazmat training for first responders Certificate,
- Confined Space Rescue,
- First aid for mining Certificate,
- Rope Rescue Technician/High angle Rescue certificate,
- Class C Driver’s License,
- Other Fire and Rescue Qualifications
- Supervisory certification an added advantage,
- Other related fire and rescue qualifications.
How to Apply For First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the First Quantum Minerals Ltd Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.