First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies for Fireman Position & How to Apply.
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd Recruitment 2019
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that First Quantum Minerals Ltd recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Positions 2019
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Respond and carrying out structural and wild fire-fighting occurring on the mine,
- Attend to all emergency incidents including fires, road accidents, floods, bomb threat incidents, spillages of dangerous substances air crashes, etc.
- Rescue trapped people and animals,
- Handling of venomous and non-venomous snakes,
- Provide first aid and basic life support to employees injured on the mine site,
- Perform routine maintenance, inspection and testing of all ERT rescue equipments to ensure they are readily available during an emergency.
- Ensure all statutory /inspection check sheets are marked accordingly,
- Maintain all fire and Ambulance vehicles in good working condition, clean in readiness for any eventualities,
- Carry out inspection, maintenance and testing of all firefighting equipment’s installed in the mine as per standard procedure,
- Participate in training programs to upgrade fire-fighting knowledge and skills by attending lectures, fire drills, mock drills and practical training techniques with various rescue tools.
- Perform routine maintenance duties on departmental grounds and buildings to ascertain their risk,
- Maintenance of fire suppression systems in the machines to ascertain their firefighting capabilities and do emergency repairs,
- Clean up and check the site after dealing with an incident
- Take time to become familiar with the mine pit, roads and buildings around the mine in order to respond to emergency calls with the utmost speed and efficiency.
- Maintain the level of physical fitness necessary to carry out all the duties of a fireman
- Maintain links with the local community and educate and inform the public to help promote fire safety, e.g. giving talks in schools and to local organisations, and home visits to offer advice
- Perform other related duties as assigned by ERT team Leader.
- Save and protect life, property and render humanitarian services and
- Respond quickly to all unforeseen circumstances as they arise to prevent loss of life, property and environment.
- At least 1 year experience in relevant field preferably in the mining industry,
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications;
- Grade 12 certificate with a credit in English and Mathematics,
- Basic Fire Fighter or equivalent FF1,FF2 or IFE Level 2 certificate,
- Leading fire fighter Certificate will be an added advantage,
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Certificate (SCBA),
- Vehicle Extrication Certificate,
- Basic Life Support (BLS),
- Rope Rescue Technician/High angle Rescue certificate
- Hazmat training for first responders Certificate,
- First aid for mining Certificate,
- Class C Driver’s License,
- Other fire and rescue Qualifications;
- Institution of Fire Engineers qualifications (IFE) an added advantage.
- Any other related fire and rescue qualification
How to Apply For First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the First Quantum Minerals Ltd Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.