First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies for Senior ERT Officer Position & How to Apply.
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd Recruitment 2019
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that First Quantum Minerals Ltd recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Positions 2019
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Manages the ERT Team Leaders to ensure smooth running of ERT Operations.
- Assist the ERT Superintendent in carrying out fire prevention, Fire Risk Assessment, Inspections programs.
- Assist the ERT Superintendent in the development of SOPs, procedures and standards for fire safety,
- Assist the ERT Superintendent in carrying out investigations of fires and analyze findings to determine the cause of fires.
- Prepare written or computerized reports of inspections, incidents, investigations, training and maintaining files of all records.
- Prepare monthly ERT reports for review,
- Assist the ERT Superintendent in the review and approval of plans for construction, installation and operation of equipment and structures to ensure they meet the fire safety requirements,
- Conduct plan review, installation inspections and permit inspections of fire safety equipment’s on the mine,
- In the absence of the ERT Superintendent, the Senior Fire Officer assume the role of ERT Superintendent and become accountable for all duties and responsibilities of the ERT Superintendent,
- Schedule and conduct fire inspection training for Fire personnel,
- Attend daily morning meeting with the ERT Superintendent,
- Schedule and Conduct fire training and awareness on the mine for each department,
- Respond to major fires, disasters and emergency requests for First Responder (EMS) service and render appropriate medical care.
- Attend outside section meetings requiring ERT presence,
- The Senior Fire Officer shall be responsible and held accountable for insuring proper disciplinary and action is carried out if the Team Leaders are found to be in violation of codes and conduct according to their Job Description,
- The Senior Fire Officer shall assist the ERT Superintendent in coordinate all training activities and will ensure all personnel in the ERT Team is receiving adequate training in all areas in order to perform his/her duties and functions in a safe manner,
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Promote fire and enforce fire safety standards in the mine by acting and advising on all matters relating to the protection of life and property from fire and other risks and ensure a smooth running of ERT functions
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in relevant field preferably in the mining industry,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the personnel of the Department,
Extensive knowledge of the geography of Kalumbila
- Grade 12 certificate with a merit in English, Science and Mathematics
- Diploma in related field or Degree in Fire Science is an added plus.
- Having Passed Fire Service Statutory Examinations Leading Fire-Fighter ,Sub/Officers, Station Fire Officer or equivalent FF1,FF2 or IFE qualifications,
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS),
- Fire prevention,
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus Certificate (SCBA),
- Vehicle Extrication Certificate,
- Hazmat training for first responders Certificate,
- Confined Space Rescue,
- First aid for mining Certificate,
- Rope Rescue Technician/High angle Rescue certificate,
- Occupation Health and Safety Certificate an added advantage,
- Knowledge of administration, budgets and human resource management an added advantage,
- Class C Driver’s License,
- Other Fire and Rescue Qualifications
- Institution of Fire Engineers qualifications,
- Supervisory certification,
- Motor vehicle fire suppression system certification and,
- Other related fire and rescue qualifications.
How to Apply For First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancies
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the First Quantum Minerals Ltd Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.