Jhpiego Job Vacancies for Demand Creation and Community Mobilisation Technical Advisor Position & How to Apply.
The Jhpiego Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Jhpiego Recruitment 2019
The Jhpiego Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Jhpiego recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Jhpiego Job Positions 2019
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University.
For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national level, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions. The successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
DEMAND CREATION AND COMMUNITY MOBILISATION TECHNICAL ADVISOR
Overview: The Demand Creation and Community Mobilization Technical Advisor will be a senior member of the DOD project team charged with the responsibility of providing guidance and Technical support in mobilizing people and communities and creating demand for essential health services including; HIV Testing Services (HTS) & other integrated services, Linkage to care and treatment, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) case Management & Post Gender Based Violence (GBV) clinical care services, and HIV prevention services. The Demand Creation and Community Mobilization Advisor will ensure that these services are supported and owned by the communities in which they are offered. His/her role will be to build capacity and strengthen the management and improvement of uptake of HIV prevention care and support services. He/she will be responsible for ensuring increased uptake of HTS & other HIV prevention services, improved patient adherence to ART, and strengthened OVC case management & post GBV clinical care services. He/She will report directly to the Project Director.
- Work with the Defense Force of Zambia (DFZ) Provincial and District Health Offices, and other implementing partners to create demand for community HIV services and provide technical support in implementing quality community based HIV services.
- Work closely with clients to develop campaign materials for use by mobilizers (community volunteers) in their specific area of responsibility.
- Provide technical advice to the Community Mobilization Technical Officer and other members of the Provincial office focusing on community support and awareness raising for HTS, Care & Treatment and Prevention.
- Improve documentation and management of community support interventions including; reporting, of activities undertaken, impact measurement, etc.
- Develop system to measure the impact of community support and awareness activities in terms of improved adherence, increase in HTS, improved OVC case management and HIV Care & Treatment services, etc.
- Review of community mobilization tools/techniques and provide recommendations.
- Lead a participatory process of creating relevant, memorable, and motivating, client-centered IEC and promotional materials together with beneficiaries.
- Provide hands on supportive supervision to community volunteers across the key mandates of the project.
- Actively engage and create linkages with community leaders and gate keepers with a view to mobilize their constituents for GBV prevention, HIV & other health services.
- Work with the provincial teams to specifically ensure that differentiated models of health service delivery for HIV prevention, support, care and treatment such as the Community Adherence Groups (CAGs) are successfully implemented.
- Work with other community change agents, spearhead mobilization of communities for linkages to integrated health services such as VMMC, PEP, PrEP, Family Planning, STI screening and treatment
- Provide guidance and technical support on quality standards among community based organizations and volunteers working within the community health system in DFZ catchment areas.
- Build capacity of Jhpiego provincial team and the community volunteers in implementing community mobilization activities to improve treatment literacy among providers, clients, and patients, focusing on TLD transition, Undetectable = Untransmittable (U=U), and cervical cancer screening and treatment for women living with HIV.
- In Collaboration with the Linkage and Adherence Advisor, provide guidance in the implementation of community based activities to reduce LTFU and unsuppressed viral loads.
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, Community development, Public Health, or related field.
- A minimum of 8-9 years’ work experience in any of or a mix of the following: civil society, community development, social marketing, HIV/AIDS, humanitarian work and/or health programming, with evidence of impact of community mobilization activities
- Experience in strategic planning for community mobilization projects, Project Management and Design, Monitoring and Evaluation of Community Mobilization Interventions
- Training in Psycho-social counseling is desirable
- Experience developing communications strategies
- Experience in Behavior Change Interventions, and /or IEC Principles
- Raising awareness of issues relating to HIV/AIDS, as well as OVC and GBV.
- A strong understanding of community dynamics and general development principles including principles of participation
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate, initiate and maintain positive relationships with community groups, donors and other NGOs
- Good oral and written communication
- Computer proficiency
- People centered change agent and a unifying player in multi sectoral teams
- Passionate defender of meeting CLIENT’s needs through sensitive services
- Experience in writing proposals, success stories and /or abstracts for presentations.
How to Apply For Jhpiego Job Vacancies
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae with three traceable references to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Closing date is Friday 27th September, 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Jhpiego Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.