Jhpiego Job Vacancies for Technical Director for Nutrition Position & How to Apply.
The Jhpiego Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Jhpiego Recruitment 2019
The Jhpiego Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Jhpiego recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Jhpiego Job Positions 2019
Jhpiego seeks a Technical Director for Nutrition to provide technical leadership and oversight for an upcoming U.S. government-funded integrated health system technical assistance project. The project aims to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services across four provinces of Zambia. The project will operate over a five-year period.
The Technical Director for Nutrition will work closely with technical team leaders and their technical implementation teams to ensure the project is progressing towards expected results. S/he will also work with M&E staff to ensure project deliverables are monitored and course corrections are identified and implemented as appropriate. Other responsibilities will include supervising project technical staff, overseeing annual work planning, implementation, adjustment of project activities based on monitoring of activities at district level, and reporting of project activities.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID. Zambians are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide day-to-day technical and programmatic oversight for design, planning and implementation of nutrition activities in support of the project goals and objectives
- Provide technical leadership and ensure the integration, quality, and sustainability of nutrition interventions
- Foster relationships with local implementing partners NGOs as a representative of Jhpiego and the project
- Facilitate the project team member’s relationship with their designated counterparts within USAID, the Ministry of Health at both provincial and districts levels, as well as private sector partners and other key stakeholders in Zambia such as NGOs and CSOs, to ensure effective technical assistance
- Represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, other key stakeholders, and through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Facilitate annual work planning, in close collaboration with USAID and Ministry of Health, project team and project partners
- Assist COP with the preparation and analysis of budget for nutrition activities; monitoring spending against budget (burn rates), and making decisions concerning re-allocation of resources.
- Contribute to the building, mentoring, and managing a team of highly qualified staff and aligns their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Oversee technical and programmatic capacity building for subcontractors and subgrantees
- Establish adaptive management systems to ensure project activities are responsive to changing context and environment in order to achieve results
- Develop efficient and effective mechanisms for reporting across all levels of the project
- Oversee project-wide reviews of progress toward project indicators
- Develop accurate and timely project reports to USAID, in line with USAID reporting requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Public Health or related field and three (3) years of professional experience managing Nutrition programs; OR A Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of professional exposure working in mid to senior management position (in addition to the below requirement of seven years)
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively increasing responsibility working for successful Nutrition technical assistance programs;
- Demonstrates expertise and experience in service quality improvement and operational research approaches;
- Experience and expertise in managing integrated health services;
- Experience and expertise in managing programs across sectors beyond health;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Experience in successfully engaging the private sector;
- Must have demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of management expertise and experience;
- Experience with integration of gender and youth analysis into health/ nutrition projects and services; and
- Demonstrated ability to provide oversight of local capacity development efforts
- Previous direct supervisory experience of project technical staff
- Expertise in research to practice—identifying best practices and adapting them to project realities
- Previous experience working in Zambia (especially in Luapula, Muchinga, Southern, and Eastern Provinces), with in depth understanding of the local health and nutrition gaps and opportunities
- Existing strong relationships with local government agencies
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity of staff
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, donors, universities and other partners
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally at least 30%
How to Apply For Jhpiego Job Vacancies
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Jhpiego Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.