Job Vacancy Opened at Pond Worker at WorldFish for Application | How to Apply.
The Pond Worker at WorldFish Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Pond Worker at WorldFish Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Pond Worker at WorldFish recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The Pond Worker at WorldFish jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Pond Worker at WorldFish Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Position: Pond Worker
Location: Kitwe, Zambia
Application Deadline: 21 October 2022
Type of contract: 6 months fixed-term contract (renewable based on performance & budget)
Language(s) required: English (proficient/fluent writing and oral skills)
WorldFish is an international, non-profit research and innovation organization reducing hunger, malnutrition and poverty across Africa, Asia and the Pacific. For over 45 years, our work on sustainable aquaculture and fisheries has improved the lives of millions of women, men and youth.
Fish and other aquatic foods grown in and harvested from oceans, lakes, rivers and ponds provide income for more than 800 million people and provide 3.3 billion with 20% of their animal protein intake. Our focus on sustainability makes sure that the way we produce and use these foods today means a plentiful future of generations to come.
Our evidence-based solutions range in scale from households to global policies and spans across six interlinked themes: nutrition, gender, climate, sustainability, economy and COVID-19.
We champion aquatic foods for healthy people and planet and believe that a sustainable blue planet of well-nourished children, women and men is within our reach.
About the Position
Pond worker will be involved in work associated with selective breeding and genetic improvement. The post holder will be responsible to assist senior colleagues in conducting daily routines related to breeding program, fry and fingerling production and dissemination process.
The Successful Candidate will
- Assist senior colleagues in conducting daily routines at National Aquaculture Research and Development Centre (NARDC), Mwekera Research Station related to the breeding program and production.
- • Assist senior colleagues in running experiment at NARDC, Mwekera Research Station with full instructions given by scientist.
- • Assist senior colleagues in conducting training and courses, in relation to technique support and demonstration.
- • Assist senior colleagues in dissemination process, especially in preparing the fry for shipment.
- • Support senior colleagues in the preparation, storage and care of equipment in readiness for experiments or other GIP activities.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
1. Full Grade 12 Certificate
2. Training in fisheries and aquaculture from recognized Technical Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TAVET) in Zambia.
Desired Skills and Qualification
- Experience in conducting experiments with fish
- Aquaculture and hatchery knowledge
Salary & Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, provident fund contribution, paid leave and others.
The position will be based in Kitwe, Zambia. Interviews are expected to begin in October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the virtual interview session. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of six (06) months fixed-term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Pond Worker at WorldFish Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!