United Nations Development Programme Job Vacancies for Programme Analyst – Governance Position & How to Apply.
The United Nations Development Programme Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2019
The United Nations Development Programme Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that United Nations Development Programme recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of United Nations Development Programme Job Positions 2019
The United Nations Development Programme in Zambia supports development operations in the country under the framework of the Country Programme (2016-2021).
Under the Country Programme, the Governance Programme seeks to support the Government of the Republic of Zambia in meeting the development goal of promoting human rights, dignity of individual citizens and inclusive governance. In this regard the programmes takes a three-pronged approach aimed at: (1) supporting national efforts in development and implementation of a national constitution that will foster human rights, inclusive governance, greater separation of powers and accountability among State organs; (2) transformation of selected key national institutions into accountable institutions with greater capacity of increasing delivery of public services and human rights to vulnerable populations; and (3) increasing citizens’ participation in democratic processes and promotion of public accountability.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ARR(Governance), the Programme Analyst is responsible for management of UNDP programme within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned. The Programme Analyst analyzes political, social and economic trends and leads formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within the governance portfolio and provides policy advice services.
The Programme Analyst supervises and coordinates activities of the projects’ staff. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations team, programme staff in other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UNDP programme implementation.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Regular analytical work on the political and socio-economic trends impacting programme implementation;
- Implementation of programme strategies;
- Management of the Country Office (CO) programme;
- Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy;
- Provision of top-quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
Ensures the design and implementation of governance programme and strategies focusing on the following taking into account gender equity and equality considerations:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs into strategic documents such as Common Country Analysis, the partnership framework (2016-2021), Country Programme Document, Country Programme Action Plan, updates for Cooperating Partner meetings and other documents.
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
- CO business processes mapping and preparation of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Results Management.
Ensures effective management of the CO programmes within the governance sector focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
- Design and formulation of CO supported programmes within the governance area, translating national priorities into UNDP supported interventions within the context of UNDP strategic plan. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones.
- Initiation of projects, presentation of the projects to PAC, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Analyst can perform functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NEX projects.
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes. Preparation of donor reports.
- Develop and implement M&E framework for Governance programme
- Preparation of inputs for reporting, including donor reporting.
- Effective application of RBM tools, ATLAS, establishment of management targets (BSC) and monitoring achievement of results.
Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization
strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNDP, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
Ensures provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Policy engagement and advice on governance issues
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Support to development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on governance issues.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources
- Good knowledge of the Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences and Law.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience at the national or international level in the field of development cooperation, with particular emphasis on institutional reform and governance, providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
How to Apply For United Nations Development Programme Job Vacancies
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.