Winrock International Job Vacancies for Project Accountant Position & How to Apply.
The Winrock International Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Winrock International Recruitment 2019
The Winrock International Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Winrock International recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Winrock International Job Positions 2019
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting Zambian applicants for the position of Project Accountant, on a six (6) months period contract, to be based in Chipata.
The project (EMPOWER) in Zambia, is a US Department of Labor-funded child labor and girls’ and women’s empowerment.
Winrock is a recognized leader in international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions.
The project-level objective is to reduce child labor in targeted areas in Eastern Province, Zambia. In support of achieving the objective, the project focuses on achieving four outcomes: increase girls’ access to acceptable work and quality training opportunities, increase livelihood opportunities for vulnerable women, raise public awareness on child labor and gender equality, and increase collaboration between the government and private sector on the promotion of acceptable work.
Location: – Chipata
Reports to: Finance and Administration Director
Key working relationships: All EMPOWER Zambia staff
Supervises: Office/HR Assistant
Specific responsibilities of the Project Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Maintain financial records and ensure that financial records are properly filed in the right place, according to Winrock’s filing policy.
- Ensure correct coding of expenses in the FOV and do monthly bank reconciliations of the specified bank accounts.
- Distribute cash to Winrock EMPOWER staff and vendors to complete payment for approved procurements and activities.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers have supporting documents attached at all times.
- Research expenditure variances and prepare correcting journal entries as required.
- Track all staff, sub grantees, and consultant advance accounts, ensuring proper and timely clearance of advances.
- Carry out petty cash checks and reconciliations on a weekly basis.
- Carry out checks to ensure that Winrock’s inventory register is up to date.
- Carry out checks to ensure that project vehicle log books are up to date.
- Ensure that all payments are made on time and that vouchers and supporting documents are stamped PAID upon payment or entry.
- Reconcile all suppliers’ invoices and update the creditors’ accounts.
- Generate monthly FOV reports and bank reconciliation for approval.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Director in preparing for annual external EMPOWER audits.
- Scan/copy all monthly payment vouchers and supporting documents and send all originals to the Winrock regional office in a timely manner.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Director by doing due diligence on potential partners.
- Ensure all timesheets are submitted on time.
- Prepare payroll and ensure all statutory taxes are completed on time/before due dates.
- Complete the fuel accounts reconciliations in coordination with drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in accountancy or its equivalent
- Knowledge of designing and implementing financial controls and systems
- Knowledge of PAYE tax calculations/taxation
- A good understating of budgets and strong financial management skills
- Excellent EXCEL skills
- Ability to work independently
- QuickBooks Experience
- Worked for NGOs for more than 3 years
- Experience in managing institutional donor funds (e.g., DFID, EU, USAID)
How to Apply For Winrock International Job Vacancies
Qualified candidates should apply via e-mail, indicating only “Project Accountant” in the subject line. The e-mail should contain your CV, cover letter, three (3) professional references, and minimum salary requirements. Winrock will contact only candidates considered for the position [email protected]
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Winrock International Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.