Job Vacancy Opened at Local Government Association of Zambia for Application | How to Apply.
The Local Government Association of Zambia Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Local Government Association of Zambia Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Local Government Association of Zambia recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The Local Government Association of Zambia jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Local Government Association of Zambia Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Through the Amplifying Citizens’ Voices for Effective Participation in Local Governance Grant under the Local Impact Governance Project, the Local Government Association of Zambia (LGAZ) requires the services of an experienced Service Provider to serve as a Communications Specialist to develop a Citizens Guide.
Public participation is important for the democratization of social values and better planning, implementation and fulfilment of public needs. The public participation process is sometimes threatened by bureaucratic constraints caused by the lack of a systematic approach and an inadequate public administration system, which contribute to the public exclusion from the process. The exclusion is also caused by the lack of knowledge and information about public participation and low levels of education amongst the public. Despite the enabling policy and legislative environment, there has been dearth citizens’ participation and interest in social, economic, and political life especially in subnational government.
To remedy the lacunae in citizen participation, the ‘Amplifying Citizens’ Voices for Effective Participation in Local Governance’ Grant will seek to increase citizen participation in planning, budgeting and project oversight in subnational government. This will be achieved by developing a comprehensive ‘Citizens’ Guide to participation in local government with clear and concise information on local authority decision making, citizen rights and service delivery based on existing laws, regulations and guidelines on decentralization.
The overall goal of the Grant is to ‘increase citizens’ awareness and participation in local authority decision-making, service delivery and development in Zambia’. The following are the Specific Objectives (SO):
i. To improve citizens’ awareness of roles and responsibilities within the subnational system of governance.
ii. To strengthen citizen participation in subnational planning, budgeting, and service delivery.
iii. To increase citizen oversight of service delivery.
The Communications Specialist will support the LGAZ to develop a Citizens Guide to improve citizen participation in planning, budgeting and project oversight in local government. The Citizens Guide will provide local government elected and appointed officials with information and strategies on how they can effectively engage their communities. The Guide will further help citizens understand the local government system and their responsibilities including the service delivery process and the opportunities that exist in participating in service delivery.
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director, the Consultant will report to the Director Corporate Services, Local Government Association of Zambia.
3. Tasks and responsibilities
The detailed roles and responsibilities of the consultant will be to:
- Develop compelling, engaging and creative communications and engagement with Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials on citizen participation in local government such as posters, flyers etc.
- Undertake research on effectiveness of institutional arrangements in local government that enable community participation
- Support the development and strengthening of tools/guides for public participation and citizen engagement in local government.
- Support the development and strengthening of local authorities’ social media presence, increasing engagement and reach across channels and audiences in line with public participation in local government.
- Work to elevate local authorities’ identity and role within the community.
- Provide communications and engagement support for the Grant
- Deliver additional tasks, duties or responsibilities as required from time to time.
4. Key Deliverables
The consultant will be required to provide the following outputs during the execution of the assignment
1. Research report on formal and informal citizen engagement mechanisms in planning, budgeting and local decision making
2. IEC Materials (posters, flyers, brochures etc.) citizen participation in local government, local authority own source revenue such as tax and non – tax revenue obligations, decentralization and other topical issues in local government
5. Implementation timeframe
The consultancy shall be undertaken over a period of six (6) months non-renewable to start running from the date of signing the consultancy agreement.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mass communication or any other relevant field
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of public relations, communications or related
Extensive knowledge of the communications process and planning
Proficient in the use of MS Office, social media software, and other digital media platforms
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of local government, civic engagement and decentralisation is an added advantage
Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
Practical experience working in social media
Proven content writing and social media experience
Coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs
Prepares and supervises the production of brochures, events materials, photographs, newsletters, website etc.
Excellent grammar, composition, and proofreading skills with superior attention to detail.
Experience in copywriting and editing
Method of Application
Applications should be accompanied by a Cover Letter, CVs, and copies of relevant qualifications.
Individuals, consortiums and companies are encouraged to apply.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Local Government Association of Zambia Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!