Job Vacancy Opened at Lubambe Copper Mine for Application | How to Apply.
The Lubambe Copper Mine Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Lubambe Copper Mine Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Lubambe Copper Mine recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The Lubambe Copper Mine jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Lubambe Copper Mine Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
VENTILATION OFFICER (X1)
This position reports to the Ventilation Engineer
Core purpose of the position
Plan and ensure implementation of long- and short-term efficient ventilation system at the mine to forestall safe environmental conditions in working places
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Eliminate FACs, MTCs, LTIs and Fatalities by promoting highest safety standards within and beyond the scope of mine ventilation requirements within the Lubambe SHEQ guidelines and other official safety initiatives.
- Provide adequate ventilation to places where persons are travelling and working above the minimum prescribed and negotiate best prices as appropriate.
- Carry out systematic sampling and auditing of ventilation systems to ensure compliance.
- Conduct all vent surveys professionally so as to ensure good environmental conditions
- Compile data from routine surveys for future planning purposes
- Advise officials on requirements of industrial and mine ventilation standards
- Prepares routine reports and prepares monthly and quarterly reports
- Liaise with Planners and Mine Officials on daily basis to keep up with the development in the sections and accompanies them as and when required
- Attends planning, production and projects meetings and offers technical information on ventilation requirements
- Conducts orientation courses for shift bosses and line officials
- Prepares emergency procedures in the event of U/G fires or main fan failures
- Issue recommendations and deviation reports to operating officials to ensure compliance.
- Conduct costing and time analyses related to ventilation initiatives.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of all air ventilation installations.
- Recommend purchase of ventilation equipment as required.
- To make available ventilation fans and accessories to facilitate the ventilation of development ends based on the plan
- Ensure adherence to mining regulations part 9.
- Ensures both air quality and quantity meet and/or exceeds regulatory requirements to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all mine production employees.
- Submission of quarterly reports to MSD and any other reports as may be requested.
- Commit to continued professional development by reading current publications, speaking to field experts, and attending conferences regularly.
- Work to identify cost improvements or reduction through relational building with suppliers.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced/Diploma/Degree Mine Ventilation (Engineering)
- Must be a member EIZ and ERB
- Proficient use of VentSim computer software will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years ventilation engineering experience.
- Ability to perform extensive mathematical hand calculations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Stress and time management skills
- Superior technical and analytical skills
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 24th February 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Lubambe Copper Mine Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!