University of Zambia Undergraduate Courses Offered
There are several Courses offered at the University of Zambia. After going through the under-listed available courses, you can check the Admission – Entry Requirements Here.
UNZA offers the following degrees:
A. Science Based Degrees
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences (BScAgric)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary-Mathematics and Science)
- Bachelor of Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng)
- Bachelor of Mineral Sciences (B MinSc)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (B.Vet.Med)
- Bachelor of Science with Education (BSc Ed)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc NRS)
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science (BSc BioMed)
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy (BScPT)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
B. Arts Based Degrees
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAEd)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Bed Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (BEdMAS)
- Bachelor of Education (Special Education) BEd Special)
- Bachelor of Arts with Library and Information Studies (BALIS)
- Bachelor of Adult Education (BAE)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (BMC)
- Diploma in Teaching (For Non-Education Graduates with relevant Degree in Mathematics, Science or Technology Field)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary-Social Sciences)
- Bachelor of Education (Environmental Education)
- Bachelor of Teacher Education (B TED) (A distance learning programme for Lecturers in Primary colleges of Education and those holding other degrees)
Duration: Most of the undergraduate degrees take 4 years. However, most of the science based degrees take 5 years with the exception of B.Vet.Med and MBChB in the Schools of Veterinary Medicine and Medicine taking 6 and 7 years, respectively.
All Arts based programmes with the exception of Bachelor of Mass Communication and Bachelor of Social Work may be taken by Distance Learning up to the the completion of the programme of study.
The Schools of Education, Medicine and Natural Sciences have separate programmes which are offered in the evening. They are called Parallel Programmes.
B.Eng – Direct Entry for Diploma Holders
- At least a Credit in ‘0’ level mathematics and in acceptable science subjects (Physics);
- At least a Credit or better in the Diploma in relevant technical filed; and
- At least one (1) year proven and relevant working experience after graduating with a diploma.
In addition to meeting the minimum university entrance requirements for degree programmes as specified above, applicants for direct entry into the Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) programme are expected to fulfill the following requirements.
- Attainment of at least a credit in “O’ level Mathematics and in an acceptable Science subject.
- Attainment of at least a credit or better in the diploma (technologist) in a relevant technical field. For holders of City and Guilds qualifications, the diploma is taken to mean Level 4 (Full Technological Certificate, Full Technological Diploma or Advanced Technician Diploma).
- At least one (1) year of proven and relevant working experience after graduation with a diploma. A letter from the employer showing proof of the relevant working experience must be attached.
‘A’ LEVEL HOLDERS Advanced level (“A” Level) passes in at least 3 relevant subjects.