Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Job Vacancies for Solwezi Visioning Project Lead Position & How to Apply.
The Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Recruitment 2019
The Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Job Positions 2019
Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia
Position: Solwezi Visioning Project Lead
Location: Remote work and Solwezi, Zambia
Start Date: August or September – twenty days over the period of nine weeks
Contract Duration: Nine weeks
About Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia (CIGZambia)
CIGZambia is a facility that provides high-quality independent technical advice and assistance to Zambian government bodies and private sector organisations engaged in projects/programmes that help harness the potential of Zambia’s cities and towns to act as drivers for economic growth and job creation. CIGZambia is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
The overall programme objectives are:
- increasing urban productivity;
- improving inclusive access to urban economic infrastructure services;
- increasing investment into urban economic infrastructure services; and,
- enhancing national and regional integration between cities.
About the Role
CIGZambia is seeking a project lead to support the work of a flexible and demand-driven technical assistance programme as the Solwezi Visioning Project Lead with the objective of assisting the Solwezi City Council (SCC) conduct a visioning exercise to inform the city’s Integrated Development Plan (IDP). Reporting to the Urban Planning Component Lead, this role will play a critical role in achieving CIGZambia’s objectives below:
- To provide Solwezi city with a guiding framework within which it can make an informed assessment of the development potential and merits of available project options and capacity development initiatives pending the preparation and approval of the IDP for the district
- To inform and assist SCC in making its contribution to the IDP process
Project Lead Responsibilities
- Mobilise the team of consultants/experts. Lead the inception (kick-start) and subsequent combined project team planning and progress review meetings
- Conduct a thorough Literature Review and build understanding of existing local policies, legal/regulatory and planning frameworks, and related guidance documents
- Set out an initial general list of documents to inform the visioning workshop and ensure a good understanding of the situational contextual conditions to determine the powers the Council has to influence urban economic development
- Develop a high-level policy review note suitable for the visioning workshop and incorporate into workshop material
- Review and comment on appropriateness of workshop venue (options to be provided by CIGZambia), list of workshop participants and other logistical arrangements
- Review and comment on community consultation objectives, and once finalised, incorporate community consultation findings into the workshop material
- Produce workshop materials and facilitation guidance documents to support the aims of establishing a development vision and criteria for further action
- Orient and train (co-)facilitators including local government officials and take the lead in facilitating the Visioning Workshop
- Prepare draft and final workshop reports with appropriate recommendations
- Provide post-workshop guidance (next steps) for developing the Solwezi IDP
- Literature review for Solwezi
- List of documents important for the Visioning Workshop
- High level policy review note
- Visioning workshop materials and facilitation guidance documents
- Draft and final workshop reports with recommendations for follow up activities for IDP preparation
The Solwezi Visioning Project Lead should have at least 10 years’ experience in Strategic Urban Development Planning, Urban Economic Development or related fields with a minimum of a Master’s degree. He/she should have knowledge of participatory planning processes, excellent facilitation skills and ability to work in diverse multi-cultural environments. Previous experience working with Municipal Authorities in Strategic Planning or Economic Development Planning will be an added advantage.
How to Apply For Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Job Vacancies
Please send your CV to [email protected]. For CV to be considered, subject line in email must be completed as follows: Solwezi Visioning Project Lead – Candidate Last Name, First Name
Deadline for Applications:
22nd August 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Cities for Infrastructure Growth Zambia Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.