Jhpiego Job Vacancies for Demand Creation and Community Mobilisation Lead Position & How to Apply.
The Jhpiego Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Jhpiego Recruitment 2019
The Jhpiego Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Jhpiego recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Jhpiego Job Positions 2019
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University.
For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national level, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions. The successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
DEMAND CREATION AND COMMUNITY MOBILISATION TECHNICAL OFFICER
Overview: The Demand Creation and Community Mobilization Technical Officer will be a member of the DOD Project team tasked with responsibility of mobilizing people and communities and creating demand for essential health services including; HIV Testing Services (HTS) & other integrated services, Linkage to care and treatment, Orphans and Vulnerable Children Case Management & Post GBV clinical care services and HIV prevention services. He/She will work with the Community leadership to implement effective uptake of HIV prevention care and support services. He/she will ensure increased uptake of HTS & other HIV prevention services, improved patient adherence to ART and strengthened OVC case management & post GBV clinical care services. The incumbent will Report directly to the Provincial Coordinator.
- Work with the DFZ to implement and manage quality community HIV services and create demand for community HIV services through provision of technical support to community volunteers
- Under the guidance of the Demand Creation and Community Mobilization Technical Advisor, work closely with clients to develop campaign materials for use by mobilizers (community volunteers) in their specific area of responsibility
- Ensure collaboration with DFZ, Provincial and District Health Offices and other implementing partners in the provinces.
- Work with DFZ Facilities and NHCs to identify, train and mentor community health volunteers and service promoters.
- Identify stakeholders including; opinion leaders and community gate keepers in target communities.
- Facilitate effective implementation of participatory community mobilization strategies to develop messaging that relates and encourages uptake of services.
- Mobilize targeted communities, create awareness and use creative messaging to disseminate messages using local media and other innovative strategies.
- Advocate for the project with local authorities, village leaders, and civic/ religious leaders.
- Develop and implement a plan to monitor community acceptance of HTS and Linkage activities.
- Work with the Provincial M and E officers to conduct knowledge, attitude and practice surveys to provide inputs for the development of the questionnaires and methodology.
- Work with DFZ Ward Masters and Community Liaison Officers to identify, train and mentor community health volunteers under the supervision of Provincial Coordinator.
- Actively engage and create linkages with community leaders and gatekeepers with a view to mobilize their constituents for HIV and other health services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key actors in strategic locations (e.g. churches and other faith based organizations, youth groups, women’s and men’s organizations, CBOs etc. under the direction of the Provincial Coordinator.
- Work with community change agents, spearhead mobilization of communities Community HTS and Linkage services.
- Facilitate quality standards among community based organizations and volunteers working within the community health system in DFZ supported catchment areas.
- Facilitate community mobilization activities to improve treatment literacy among providers, clients, and patients, focusing on TLD transition, Undetectable = Untransmittable (U=U), and cervical cancer screening and treatment for women living with HIV.
- In Collaboration with the Linkage and Adherence Advisor, facilitate the implementation of community based activities to reduce LTFU and unsuppressed viral loads.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Community Nursing or related social sciences.
- A minimum of 6-7 years’ work experience in implementing Community Based Programs
- Training in Psycho-social counseling is desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Raising awareness of issues relating to HIV/AIDS, as well as OVC and GBV.
- A strong understanding of community dynamics and general development principles including principles of participation.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Computer proficiency.
- People centered change agent and a unifying player in multi sectoral teams.
How to Apply For Jhpiego Job Vacancies
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae with three traceable references to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Closing date is Friday 27th September, 2019
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Jhpiego Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.