Job Vacancy Opened at International Labour Organization for Application | How to Apply.
The International Labour Organization Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
International Labour Organization Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The International Labour Organization recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The International Labour Organization jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of International Labour Organization Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who are Zambian Nationals.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A short-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is K 207,361 ( Zambian Kwacha ) yearly.
This position is located in the Programming unit in the ILO Country Office for Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique (ILO CO- Lusaka). ILO CO-Lusaka `s provides technical and advisory services to Government, Workers’ and Employers’ organisations as the Tripartite Constituents of the ILO.
The goal of the ILO is decent work for women and men throughout the world. Decent work is central to global efforts to reducing poverty and is a means for achieving equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. Decent Work Country Programmes (DWCPs) are the main instruments through which the ILO member states, together with Workers’ and Employers’ organisations (Constituents) coordinate and effectively implement various technical cooperation programmes aimed at achieving Decent Work for All. Developed in partnership with ILO constituents at country level and aligned to national development frameworks, DWCPs aim to tackle major decent work deficits through a limited number of integrated and mutually reinforcing strategic objectives of decent work.
While the promotion of decent work is the primary mandate of the ILO, the United Nations system as a whole has a role to play in promoting full and productive employment and decent work for all. Therefore, the ILO works in close collaboration with other UN agencies to make Decent Work a reality for all working women and men and contribute effectively towards national development, poverty reduction and inclusive growth
As a team member, the incumbent provides a variety of general office support services, completing a range of standard support tasks in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. Such tasks contribute to the timely and effective functioning of business operations and may encompass duties related to correspondence preparation, document preparation, database maintenance, meetings support, travel, registry and/or mail services. The incumbent is required to use standard office equipment and the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to process transactions. Work is governed by established rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines governing operational areas.
The position works under the supervision of Sr. Programme Assistant. Supervision received is focused on the quality and timeliness of the delivery of work assignments. The incumbent works with some degree of operational independence in performing the day-to-day work and consults the supervisor for guidance on non-standard issues.
Internal contacts are with staff in the work unit or related programmes to obtain, provide or clarify information on matters related to specific assignments and to relay instructions from the supervisor.
External contacts are primarily with visitors/callers to the Office, meeting participants and/or external service providers to follow up on routine matters, exchange information or direct them to the appropriate person.
- Provide a range of support services in the areas of general office administration, finance and/or HR that contribute to the timely delivery of business operations in accordance with applicable standards.
- Draft and prepare standard correspondence and other materials on own initiative or from instructions, ensuring clarity of content and compliance with applicable standards and finalize for signature. Prepare draft translations of correspondence and other documents. Word process and format in final form a variety of documents.
- Maintain and update databases. Input data and process routine administrative actions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system related to leave entitlements, contracts, purchase orders, payments processing, and/or travel.
- Provide support for the official travel of staff, including for travel and accommodation arrangements, security clearances, visa requirements and transportation of personal effects.
- Provide support for meetings and events, including processing administrative actions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preparing and distributing invitation letters, agendas and other materials, arranging meeting facilities and equipment, making travel arrangements, preparing routine cost estimates and providing support and information to participants on matters of a routine nature.
- Register and route mail, correspondence and other documents. Process outgoing mail ensuring most appropriate method in terms of postal rates and regulations. Maintain and organize filing systems for correspondence, documents, publications and/or reference materials. Plan and coordinate the activities of the Office’s registry as required.
- Respond to routine telephone, email and in-person inquiries or refer to appropriate contact/unit. Supply readily available information from office files and databases. Receive and direct visitors and arrange appointments.
- Maintain and update inventories of office supplies. Ensure stocks are adequate and order supplies in a timely manner. Keep stockroom in order.
- Keep abreast of changes to relevant operational rules, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
1. Assist and provide input in all Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) processes (Results Groups, baseline, evaluations, designs and indicator tracking) and functions of the project unit to support Development Cooperation projects in the three countries under CO-Lusaka.
2. Draft Technical project briefs and write ups as requested by the Director for submission to a myriad of stakeholders as appropriate.
3. Draft technically sound Concept Notes and Project Proposals for new funding opportunities for CO-Lusaka on any subject matter.
4. Support the knowledge management duties of the Programming service both within and outside the organisation and ensures effective documentation is kept on the common drive for reference.
Completion of secondary school education. A formal training in a relevant qualification from a recognised commercial school or equivalent will be an added advantage
Minimum of four years in project management and /or supporting Development Cooperation projects and general administration work experience
Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.
Knowledge of general office procedures and proficient in the use of standard office equipment.
Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor and spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
Ability to work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems.
Ability to search, retrieve and compile information from a variety of sources.
Ability to draft standard correspondence.
Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone, email and in-person inquiries.
Ability to maintain records and files and update databases.
Attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
A high degree of discretion with sense of responsibility in dealing with confidential matters.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8 June, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the International Labour Organization Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!