Job Vacancy Opened at John Snow Health Zambia Limited for Application | How to Apply.
The John Snow Health Zambia Limited Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
John Snow Health Zambia Limited Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The John Snow Health Zambia Limited recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The John Snow Health Zambia Limited jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of John Snow Health Zambia Limited Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Job Title: IT Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director Technical
John Snow Health Zambia (JSH-Z) with support from USAID through the eSCMIS Project will continue assisting the Government of the Republic of Zambia in the rollout of a next-generation electronic supply chain management information system (eSCMIS). The eSCMIS Project aims to increase the use of health services, decrease disease burden and increase quality of life through ensuring appropriate quantities and quality of health commodities are available at health facilities to meet patient demands. Continuing the rollout of and provision of technical support to the existing eLMIS will enable a seamless transition from the activities being done under predecessor projects. Establishing public private partnerships to promote sustainability and eSCMIS transition to the government are key objectives in Zambia during this 5-year project plan. The eSCMIS Project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
JSH-Z seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of IT Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will work closely with the system implementation team to oversee deployment of IT infrastructure including local area networks and internet connectivity to health facilities and associated institutions as well as manage eSCMIS office IT systems. The IT Manager will report to the Director Technical and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Operations and Management:
- Provide direct supervision to the IT Specialists/Officers, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, definition of tasks, development and documentation of professional development plans, and conducting performance appraisals with supervisees.
- Provide technical oversight and accountability of IT Specialists/Officers. Facilitate the development and execution of project work plans. Manage team coordination and facilitate review of tasks and priorities and develop strategies for addressing identified challenges. Provide coaching, mentoring and support to supervisees. Be a liaison between the IT team and senior management.
- Support implementation and adoption of management information systems including effective tracking of all IT assets. Maintain up-to-date inventory of all IT equipment and software.
- Maintain & monitor security of all data and electronic files. Review and conduct regular testing of the business continuity plans for all project systems including office operations, ensuring adherence to most current IT security standards and policies.
- Maintain the electronic helpdesk system.
- Maintain and implement a schedule for preventative maintenance of all IT equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors and ensure effective performance including support of warranty claims.
- Maintain, track and ensure implementation of service level agreements with vendors.
- Provide timely updates on team performance, task schedules to the Director Technical.
- Maintain and monitor office IT infrastructure and internet connectivity. Resolve telecommunications problems with the telephone network for the office.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual requirements assessments and coordinate with the Director Technical in scheduling procurements.
- Maintain materials and up-to-date documentation for all IT activities.
- Support acquisition and implementation of IT equipment at health facilities.
- Oversee the IT team and ensure proper management and maintenance of IT infrastructure and internet connectivity at eLMIS sites.
- Participate in direct implementation of eLMIS at all levels of the supply chain.
- Supervise the IT team in conducting on-the-job trainings and user orientation on eLMIS
- Provide technical support to eLMIS users.
- Collect data and track project implementation
- Implement and maintain a security plan for eLMIS data and all electronic files.
- Provide technical support to project partners in installation and maintenance eLMIS and associated health information systems. This also involves supporting systems integrations, data use and conducting trainings.
- Maintain documentation of IT network standards, processes, procedures and share and review updated versions with MoH ICT unit.
- Liaise with MoH in conducting preventative maintenance of computers, network devices and power back-up systems at health facilities.
- Implement and adhere to JSH-Z’s personnel and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director Tech and other senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent. Relevant IT certifications competency based trainings in IT, Health Management Information Systems and supply chain management information systems will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years’ experience in IT Systems Administration, Networking and user support
- At least 5 years of experience implementing eHealth systems in Zambia
- Candidate should demonstrate supervisory skills and ability to guide and mentor IT personnel.
- Candidate should be pro-active and able to equitably allocate tasks to team members; monitor and appraise activities on a regular basis. S/he should also be able to use project management systems and provide timely updates on progress of tasks to the supervisor, project staff and management.
- Strong client oriented service inclination and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Experience in with setup and administration of mail servers, data servers including disaster recovery and performance tuning.
- Experience in setting-up cooperate network infrastructure including configuration of routers, wireless access-points, deployment and configuration of centralized antivirus systems.
- Experience in PC and Network device diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to liaise with relevant stakeholders in scheduling and workflow management.
- Ability and assertiveness in negotiating fair terms with contractors, service providers and vendors is important. This will include ensuring quality and timely delivery of outsourced services.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country
Supervision and Reporting:
The IT Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director Technical
How to Apply
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2020
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the John Snow Health Zambia Limited Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!