Job Vacancy Opened at SNV Netherlands Development Organization for Application | How to Apply.
The SNV Netherlands Development Organization Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
SNV Netherlands Development Organization Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The SNV Netherlands Development Organization recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The SNV Netherlands Development Organization jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of SNV Netherlands Development Organization Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries;across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors and maintains the belief that no one should have to live in poverty; and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to programming within the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors by strengthening the capacities of targeted partners and communities at the field level; in order to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels, expand employment; improve food security; while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalised groups and stakeholder accountability.
SNV is preparing for an exciting new project focusing on changing the business models in cotton, dairy and horticulture production systems. The project, which is to start in January 2020 is a three year project. Working with companies, SMEs and farmers, the new project brings together lessons from previous achievements in climate smart agriculture and renewable energy and works on proving the premise that an integrated private sector approach to climate change can be commercially viable and environmentally sustainable
Integrated Soil Fertility Management + Agroforestry + Bio-slurry + Renewable Energy + Irrigation = More climate friendly, stable & higher yields
The project maintains a strong orientation on the differing roles of men and women farmers in farming and in business and also on youth (self) employment.
Overview of the Position
The project team consists of a Project Manager based in Lusaka, three Field Coordinators each based in a field office, CSA and RE officers, M&E and gender specialists. The field offices will be in Katete (cotton), Mazabuka (dairy), Mumbwa (horticulture), although this is subject to confirmation. Each Field Coordinator will be the focal point for one value chain and one of the three following cross-cutting topics: inclusive business (IB), renewable energy (RE), or youth employment (OYE). This means each Field Coordinator supports the rest of the project team with his/her respective cross-cutting topic. The field coordinators works with a team of CSA Renewable energy officers, and with stakeholders from private sector and government institutions. He/She reports to the Project Manager
- Liaise with the value chain company partnering with the project and coordinate activities with them
- Design, budget and implement activities on Climate Smart Practices and Services in the focus areas and alignment with the operational plan,
- Network and synergize with regional stakeholders to promote the project’s objectives.
- Provide Backstopping on Opportunities for Youth Employment to the other project field offices
- Build the capacities of sector stakeholders and institutionalizing sector functions,
- Lead Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning efforts,
- Lead administrative day to day operations of the field office.
- Assure the quality of implementation in the field.
- Masters’ level education with minimum 7 years working experience OR a Bachelors’ degree with 10 years professional experience,
- Proven track record with over 3 years of experience in renewable energy technologies and productive use in rural Zambia,
- At least two years of demonstrated managerial experience,
- Practical experience in one of the following topics Agriculture (Climate Smart), Youth (self) Employment and Gender,
- Strong communication skills and ability to negotiate and moderate with senior officials and representatives,
- Founded knowledge and/or experience in energy efficiency auditing is an asset,
- Given the strong business focus of the project, private sector experience is very much welcomed,
- ICT / Computer Literacy,
· Fluency in written and oral English, proficiency in multiple local languages is an asset.
The qualities that SNV is looking for are entrepreneurial drive and passion. A highly pro-active approach is imperative, considering this is a new project. As the project needs to jump-start a new network of companies and SMEs in the fields of climate smart products and services, the incumbent needs to thrive in a creative but complex and busy atmosphere. In a self-critical process of continuous improvement, the incumbent will be on the road 30% of the time contributing to quality control and transparent implementation of the project, while at the same time advancing knowledge on climate smart business practices.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 12 June, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the SNV Netherlands Development Organization Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!