Job Vacancy Opened at World Food Programme for Application | How to Apply.
The World Food Programme Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
World Food Programme Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The World Food Programme recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The World Food Programme jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of World Food Programme Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Support and engage in the identification of opportunities that will inform the design and planning of nutrition programmes.
- Support the design (Projects/proposals and strategies) of nutrition sensitive programmes in line with the WFP and Zambia’s government priorities and policies.
- Ensure annual implementation plan for the nutrition sensitive programming reflective of the CSP priorities is in place, as well as updated in the due course of the CSP implementation.
- Ensure nutrition is mainstreamed across the different strategic objectives of WFP in Zambia.
- Develop and roll out strategies/plans and checklists on nutrition mainstreaming.
- Support development/adoption of training materials for mainstreaming of nutrition into WFP strategic objectives and priorities; including Social Protection activities (Cash Transfer and Home-Grown School Meals hand over), smallholder support and Refugee response.
- Ensure implementation of WFP’s nutrition SBCC activities both at upstream and downstream levels,
- Provide technical support to the different line ministries including the National Food and Nutrition Commission (NFNC) and Ministry of Health among others.
- Support the Programme Associate for SBCC, provide training/mentoring for WFP, Government and Cooperating partners on nutrition SBCC.
- Collaborate with other UN agencies in the implementation of nutrition programmes in Zambia.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11 March, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the World Food Programme Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!