Securities and Exchange Commission Job Vacancies for Inspector/Analyst Position & How to Apply.
The Securities and Exchange Commission Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Securities and Exchange Commission Recruitment 2019
The Securities and Exchange Commission Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Securities and Exchange Commission recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Securities and Exchange Commission Job Positions 2019
The SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION (hereinafter referred to as “the Commission”) is a statutory body established under the Securities Act, Cap. 354 of the Laws of Zambia (repealed) and whose existence is continued under the Securities Act, No. 41 of 201 6 (hereinafter referred to as “the Securities Act”). The Commission has a statutory mandate to protect investors in the capital markets.
The Commission seeks to employ one (01) qualified person for a short-term contract (with a possibility for extension) as inspector/analyst to enable the Commission achieve its objectives both in terms of its overall mandate as well as its strategic objectives.
A. JOB TITLE: INSPECTOR/ANALYST
Undertaking various supervisory duties, including processing of licence applications, surveillance as well as conducting onsite and offsite inspections of Capital Markets players with a view of maintaining a fair, efficient and transparent market.
The position is in the Directorate of Market Supervision and Development. The Job holder will report to the Manager- Market Supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Plan and Conduct annual Scheduled and adhoc inspections (onsite and offsite) of capital market players and prepare reports thereof.
- Plan and conduct investigations based on the information gathered from inspections, complaints, market surveillance/analysis, press releases and other information sources and prepare reports to help with efficient and effective complaints resolution.
- Continuous Monitoring of Market Players:
- Analyse Information submitted by the market players in form of returns, financial statements, auditors ‘ reports, etc;
- Following up on implementation of inspection recommendations and/or outstanding regulatory matters; and
- Prepare analytic reports to help the commission undertake supervisory action if necessary.
- Assist with licensing of capital market players by receiving and reviewing license applications for completeness, ensure background checks are done, ensure dispatch of licenses is done and following up on conditional licenses.
- Prepare draft letters/reports and make recommendations to management based on the information gathered through inspections and prepare reports on investigations, exceptions and other reports for management.
- Assist with duties as may be assigned by management and provide any other information requested for by management on a timely basis.
Required Competencies/Personal qualities;
The following Competencies are a must:
- Audit and investigative skills
- Ability to analyse financial statements;
- Knowledge of financial markets;
- Strong analytical skills and eye for detail;
- Excellent team work capabilities;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Willing to travel;
- Formal presentation skills
Qualifications – Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Management, IT , Statistics or equivalent from a relevant field.
- ACCA/CIMA/ZICA or other relevant professional qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an auditor in the financial services industry.
- Experience in capital markets or financial markets would be an added advantage.
How to Apply For Securities and Exchange Commission Job Vacancies
All interested persons meeting the above criteria should send their written applications with copies of academic and professional qualifications, recent Curriculum Vitae and referees (two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the candidate) including their contact numbers, email address to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Securities and Exchange Commission, Plot No. 3827, Parliament Road, Olympia, P. O. Box 351 65, Lusaka
CLOSING DATE FOR THE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 09th SEPTEMBER 2019.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Securities and Exchange Commission Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.