Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Job Vacancies for Program Head Mental Health Position & How to Apply.
The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Recruitment 2019
The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Job Positions 2019
Program Head Mental Health Ref No. PH/MH/29/08/19
The Centre for Infectious Disease Research Zambia (CIDRZ) has recently introduced a Mental Health unit and is growing its portfolio of Mental Health Projects. CIDRZ is looking for a full-time Program Head to lead its multiple mental health efforts. CIDRZ in collaboration with the Applied Mental Health Research (AMHR) group at Johns Hopkins University (JHU), is funning a large implementation science study examining two methods of training providers in a mental health treatment, investigating the effectiveness of alcohol-related treatments and undertaking evaluations of competency and implementation science measures in mental health.
Reports to Chief Medical Officer. The Program Head will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all study activities. Provide scientific implementation for all studies in Zambia with support from study PI’s, and in coordination with study Co-investigators and local implementing partners. Mentor staff and contribute to all aspects of study conduct including: grant writing, study planning, regulatory approvals (REC, IRB, MOH, NHRA), protocol development and implementation, budgeting, reporting, data analysis and manuscript writing. Provide technical assistance and supervisory support to study staff to develop and implement all study policies and procedures. Provide training, guidance, and mentoring to support the performance and professional growth of study staff and other staff working on assigned research studies. Provide technical assistance to capacitate all staff to uphold GCP and regulatory standards to internationally acceptable levels in the research studies.
- Guides and supports the scientific interactions of large co-investigator teams, including strategic study implementation questions
- Serves as technical contributor/co-investigator on multiple protocols including developing the study’s scientific objectives and implementation tools, oversee study training and implementation, analyze data
- Manages study expenditures of large budgets
- Mentors Study staff in development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for research activities and completion of all requirements for study activation.
- Advises team members on design and oversee data collection and storage systems for individual studies.
- Provides on-going support to study staff as needed to ensure that studies are conducted in accordance with the study protocol, SOPs, and international regulations.
- Ensures coordinated communication between study staff, investigators, MOH, and regulatory bodies.
- Assist in preparation and monitor regulatory submissions for assigned research studies
- Provide oversight and mentorship and ensure preparation of progress reports as requested by funding agencies and CIDRZ and JHU leadership team.
- Assists in the mentorship and support of junior investigators and other study staff in the planning, writing, editing and submission of abstracts/manuscripts and other dissemination activities.
- Contributes to the development of abstracts & papers and participate in presentations at national, regional & international meetings.
- Support new grant acquisition and build the capacity of the development officers, including contributing to grant writing, budgeting, editing and submission, liaising with JHU, Grants and Contracts staff and other CIDRZ departments as required.
- Collaborates with study PI and other co-investigators on issues related to the accurate and successful implementation of assigned studies.
- Communicates regularly with sponsor representatives.
- Plans and implements capacity building and provides mentorship to identified local organisational staff members in research planning and other areas
- Assists in the hiring and training of study staff
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned study protocols.
- Masters or higher Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Mental Health, Clinical Psychology or related discipline required
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience in program management and an interest in global mental health
- Experience in implementing research studies or monitoring and evaluation of service projects
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions quickly
- Strong leadership skills and experience. Ability to collaborate professionally with culturally diverse colleagues.
- Budget management experience desired
- Training in Protection of Human Subjects and Good Clinical Practices
How to Apply For Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Job Vacancies
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director, P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: email@example.com
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.