Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Job Vacancies for Conservation Programme Manager Position & How to Apply.
The Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Job Recruitment 2019 application details like job vacancies available positions, requirements, eligibility, educational qualifications/skills needed, location, stipend & salary scale, selection list process, application form guidelines, how to apply, application deadline-closing date, important links, and others job updates are available below on Zambiainfo.com as well as on the official website.
Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Recruitment 2019
The Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Job Vacancies 2019 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
- Don’t forget that Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust recruitment 2019/2020 is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Job Positions 2019
Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust (CWET) is seeking a full-time Conservation Programme Manager (CPM) to oversee all financial and administrative operations and programmes of the organisation.
CWET is a dynamic and award-winning conservation education NGO that operates in the area of Mfuwe, a rapidly growing rural settlement close to South Luangwa National Park, Zambia. The primary aim of the organisation is to educate local children about wildlife, the environment and conservation.
Self-motivation is key to the success of the position and the programme as a whole. It is located at the Chipembele Conservation Education Outreach Offices in the grounds of Mfuwe Secondary School, Mfuwe, Eastern Province, Zambia and would best be suited to someone with a mature personality who is capable of and happy working largely unsupervised. A degree in business studies (or similar) is essential and relevant postgraduate qualifications would be a clear advantage. Extensive experience of financial management is vital. Experience of development work within rural Africa, preferably for an NGO and knowledge of/experience in African wildlife and conservation issues are highly desirable.
The CPM works in close partnership with CWET’s Co-Founder/Executive Director who is based at the Chipembele Conservation Centre, 20km away, and with the CWET Board of Trustees. The CPM is responsible for ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the organisation and provides day-to-day staff leadership.
The position will become available on or as soon as possible after 1st November 2019. A long-term commitment to the position is sought.
The position includes but is not limited to the following areas:
A. Assisting and Supporting the Executive Director in managing a dynamic organisation
B. Overseeing, managing and developing CWET staff, organisational administration, finances, financial and reporting systems
C. Managing relations with external key stakeholders
D. Assisting with fund raising initiatives and public relations
Additional work is possible from time to time, and may include partial standing in for the administrative duties of the Conservation Education Manager in his/her absence; training of staff, students and volunteers; administrative assistance with educational programmes, etc.
The candidate must have:
- A demonstrable track record of at least 5 years’ experience in managing or administering an NGO in Africa or other developing parts of the world
- A minimum of a degree in business administration, project management or other relevant subjects
- A demonstrable understanding of funding sources for NGOs operating in conservation and education in Africa
- Knowledge of project and organisational financial management tools and systems
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams and blending national and international staff
- Experience in organisational and project planning and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Proficiency in public presentations and managing relationships with key donors and other stakeholders.
- A proven track record in report writing and grant management
- Innovation and creativity to expand and improve the programmes and organisation as a whole
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and awareness of education, rural development and living and working in Zambia
- A genuine personal interest in and knowledge of wildlife conservation
The candidate must be also able to demonstrate:
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent financial management skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills and characteristics
- The ability to function effectively as part of a small team
- Leadership qualities
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and improvisation in the face of the many frustrating logistical challenges of living and working in rural Africa
Related Information (forms part of the application process)
- There will be an initial 3 month probationary period. After reciprocal agreement, a 21-month contract will be offered (all subject to approval of the Zambian Department of Immigration) with the possibility of renewal for another 2 years.
- A private, fully furnished and equipped office is available
- Salary package includes accommodation and personal local use of vehicle
- 30 days annual leave p.a.
- Relocation costs are at the incumbent’s expense
- Full annual medical insurance with medical evacuation cover for emergencies must be obtained and maintained at the expense of the incumbent
- A current valid unencumbered driver’s licence is required
- Some out of hours work will be required
- If selected a police check for working with children from your national government/authority will be required.
How to Apply For Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Job Vacancies
Interested applicants MUST address the Job Description and Person Specification, which is available on request from [email protected]
Applications are invited and considered only if ALL of the ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS and OTHER CRITERIA on the full Job Description and Person Specification are fulfilled.
Please submit the following information to Anna Tolan (Executive Director) via email at [email protected] 1. A covering letter stipulating why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the organisation 2. A current curriculum vitae 3. Names and e-mail addresses of 3 professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience and with whom you have worked under during the last 5 years.
Chipembele Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability or age in its employment policies, operations and programmes. Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust complies with all Zambian Employment and Equal Opportunity laws.
The deadline for applications is Monday 16th September 2019.
CWET reserves the right to only contact shortlisted applicants
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust Recruitment 2019/2020, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.