Job Vacancy Opened at First Quantum Minerals Ltd for Application | How to Apply.
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The First Quantum Minerals Ltd recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The First Quantum Minerals Ltd jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of First Quantum Minerals Ltd Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by Kansanshi Mining Plc. (KMP) and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Develop the Rock Engineering function to support the KMP business strategy.
Safety and Environment
- Identify critical strata control-related safety issues and develop remediation measure to minimise the risk associated with these hazards.
- Identify potential instability related to waste rock dumps and stockpiles and develop remediation measure to minimise the risk associated with these hazards.
- Identify potential embankment instability issues associated with the tailings storage facilities (TSF) and earthen dam, which may have a detrimental environmental effect.
- Provide and facilitate appropriate technical training to the Rock Engineering team.
- Maintain the currency of the KMP Rock Fall Code of Practice.
- Develop and execute geotechnical data collection programs to evaluate and optimise slope designs for the open pits, waste rock dumps and stockpiles.
- Facilitate the development of the Geotechnical Data database.
- Remain current with technical advances in geotechnical data collection practices, slope and support design methodologies, support unit technology and numerical modelling code improvements and applications.
Rock Engineering Design
- Evaluate the stability of the pit walls, waste rock dumps and stockpiles.
- Conduct pit slope optimization studies.
- Design the layout and support for underground excavations.
- Determine the stability of, and design the support for, planned raisebored shafts.
- Evaluate the methodology followed by persons conducting embankment designs for the TSFs and earthen dams.
Geotechnical Monitoring and Audits
- Identify, evaluate and implement pit slope stability monitoring requirements.
- Evaluate and amend, if required, current geotechnical data collection and slope design evaluation methods.
- Conduct quarterly internal audits, and facilitate annual external audits, of the Rock Engineering section.
- Facilitate the quarterly external TSF inspections.
- Facilitate biennial external waste rock dump and stockpile stability audits.
- Ensure the TSF and earthen dam embankments are visually inspected for tension cracks on a monthly basis, and formally report the findings of these inspections to the Mine Manager.
- Assist with the geotechnical input into scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies (when requested by the Mine Manager).
- rovide technical assistance to FQMLs operations’ Rock Engineering sections, when requested.
- Facilitate the formation of a Rock Engineering working group within FQML to promote cross-operations technical information sharing and assistance.
- iaise with the technical disciplines within KMP’s mining technical services department to ensure optimal pit design parameters are provided for input into short-, medium-, and long-term planning and resource evaluation studies.
- Facilitate weekly Rock Engineering feedback presentations to the operation and technical sections.
- Ensure that technical memoranda and reports are compiled following the investigation into areas of concern pertaining to strata control issues and stability monitoring critical alarms.
- Compile detailed technical design reports following evaluation and optimization of pit and waste rock dump or stockpile slopes.
- Provide recommendations pertaining to geotechnical issues that may have been identified with stability or monitoring of the TSF and earthen dam embankments.
- Evaluate and identify the Rock Engineering service requirements of the operation, and in consultation with the Mine Manager, develop the Rock Engineering section to fulfil these requirements.
- Provide mentorship and relevant technical training to the Rock Engineering personnel.
- Promote the participation of Rock Engineering personnel in local and international Rock Engineering symposia/conferences.
- Develop a succession plan for all levels within the Rock Engineering section; with the primary focus being to ensure that the section is comprised solely of competent Zambian nationals.
- Facilitate the development of a strata control awareness training program for operational and technical employees.
- Facilitate the development of a strata control awareness visitors’ induction training module.
- Manage and lead the Rock Engineering section ensuring that the team functions proactively within the mining technical and operations sections.
- Prepare annual Rock Engineering capital and operational budgets.
- Evaluate and optimise external service provider services (e.g. consultants and monitoring equipment service providers).
- Develop Role Profiles for the various technical levels within the Rock Engineering section, and facilitate the development of the training requirements to enable the Rock Engineering team members to meet the requirements of the role to which they aspire.
- All other duties as directed by the Mine Manager.
- Tertiary qualification preferably in the Mining/Geotechnical Engineering or Geology field.
- MSc or MEng in Mining Rock Mechanics.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng./Pr.Eng), Professional Geologist/Geoscientist (P.Geo) or similar professional registration (e.g. Pr. Sci. Nat.) through a professional entity
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the mining rock mechanics discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ surface mining rock engineering experience; either operational or a combination of operational and consulting.
- Previous experience in leading and managing multinational/ multicultural Rock Engineering teams.
- Good understanding of Rock Engineering numerical modelling codes.
- Problem solving
- Emotional intelligence awareness
- Decision making
- Negotiating and influencing
- Team building
- Developing others
- Holding people accountable
- Coaching & counselling
- Resolving conflict
- Interpersonal skills
Managing the Business:
- Acting decisively
- Results orientation
- Managing risk
- Executing strategy
- Business and industry acumen
- Project management
- Health, safety and environment management
- Medically Fit.
- In Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Registered professional with Engineers in Zambia (EIZ).
- In Possession of a valid Zambian Work Permit.
Advertised: 24 Mar 2020 FLE Standard Time
Applications close: 07 Apr 2020 FLE Daylight Time
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 May, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the First Quantum Minerals Ltd Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!