Job Vacancy Opened at GIZ – Lusaka for Application | How to Apply.
The GIZ – Lusaka Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
GIZ – Lusaka Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The GIZ – Lusaka recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The GIZ – Lusaka jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of GIZ – Lusaka Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The Agriculture and Food Security Cluster is comprised of four projects, which are part of the global initiative One World – No Hunger (SEWOH): Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector (GIC), Food and Nutrition Security and Enhanced Resilience (FANSER), Promotion of Agricultural Finance for Agri-based Enterprises in Rural Areas (AgFin) and Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture (F4F). Zambia is one of many African countries in which SEWOH is being implemented. SEWOH is a BMZ special initiative addressing the two challenges hunger and malnutrition. The key objectives are to increase income, employment and eradicate hunger and malnutrition by creating access to sufficient, affordable and healthy food and to create a framework to ensure that future generations will also have sufficient, affordable and nutritious food in spite of the rapidly expanding world population. In Zambia specifically, the Agriculture and Food Security (AgriFood) Cluster is working on increasing regional food supplies and promoting access to and better use of financial services in the project’s rural target areas in Eastern, Southern and Luapula Provinces. Two bilateral projects in the same sector and with similar target groups and objectives are also part of the cluster.
In order to meet the cluster’s growing administrative needs, GIZ is seeking suitable a candidate for the following position:
(Junior) Project Accountant – based in Lusaka
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Project accounting and facilitating payments at the Agriculture and Food Security (AgriFood) Cluster Lusaka Office
- Management of receivables for the Cluster
- Preparing monthly budgets for the programme separated by project and coordinates the requests for funds
- Managing and monitoring monthly accounting
- Managing cash boxes and bank accounts for the AgriFood Cluster, this includes to make sure that the cash boxes and bank accounts are stocked but do not exceed the agreed amount limits
- Making payments via the programme’s different bank accounts and cash boxes within certain amount limits and in accordance with GIZ regulations
- Ensuring that payments are made through the correct project
- Preparing all accounting documents according to GIZ rules and regulations and enters them in the respective projects’ bank or cash book
- Preparing regular cash and bank reconciliations and informs management about any shortages or overages immediately
- Submitting correctly and timely the monthly accounts for those projects in his/her responsibility to the GIZ Country Office
- Correcting errors detected in the monthly error sheets and in internal controls
- Preparing for and accompanies internal and external audits
- Maintaining financial records (e.g. vouchers, cash/bank book, journals, requests for funds, cash protocols etc.) and ensures separation of C files for the different projects
- Providing any financial information required by the Programme Coordinator, Finance Manager or auditors
- Liaising with the other project accountant, other admin colleagues and the office in Chipata related to accounting if required
Management of receivables
- Reviewing the receivables monthly and where necessary corresponds with the partner/debtor
- Keeping a file on all correspondence relating to receivables
- Maintaining a file (Excel sheet) on cash advances and retirements that shows the WINPACCS and cash/bank book voucher numbers; the same file is to be used on a monthly basis to clear project accounting receivables through Country Office
- Coordinating with the Country Office on the reduction of receivables in the Journals maintained by the Country Office
Other duties/additional tasks
- Maintaining good communication and coordination within the programme, with the Country Office, partner organisations and other GIZ programmes on all issues related to his/her areas of responsibility
- Suggesting any improvements in the efficiency of accounting activities and procedures of the Programme to the programme management
- Maintaining confidentiality of information
- Informing the Cluster Coordinator on any financial or accounting irregularities immediately
- Substituting for other project accountants or other administrative team members in the programme when and if required
- Assisting with and/or carrying out other programme activities and other tasks as needed
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field; alternatively holds a full Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) qualification, ZICA/NATECH/ACCA Level 1 certificate or comparable qualifications in Accounting and/or Auditing
- Must be a member of ZICA
- At least 1-2 years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Ample knowledge of accounting standards and procedures
- Broad experience in administration
- Previous experience working at international organisations is an advantage
- Previous experience of working at GIZ is an added advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good knowledge of financial planning and accounting
- Computer literacy for office work with a focus on financial management and accounting – especially Outlook, Word, Excel and accounting software
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, especially when handling sensitive information/data
- Strong organisational skills; must be proactive and be able to manage and prioritise workload and be accustomed to working under pressure with high resilience and self-motivation
- Must be willing to travel within Zambia
Method of Application
The successful candidate will be expected to start full-time employment with GIZ, on a fixed term contract, as soon as possible. Interested candidates must send their CVs and cover letters, electronically, quoting the reference GIZ_AGR_PRJACC_LSK in the subject line to: [email protected] by 17:00 hrs on Wednesday, 1st April 2020. Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application. In addition, traceable references of previous engagements must be provided. Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the GIZ – Lusaka Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!