Job Vacancy Opened at UNFPA for Application | How to Apply.
The UNFPA Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
UNFPA Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The UNFPA recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The UNFPA jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of UNFPA Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
1. Organizational Location
Under the overall guidance of the Representative and Deputy Representative; and with direct supervision of the Provincial Programme Coordinators, the Finance Assistant will provide programme and financial management functions to ensure high quality, accurate and consistent information, documentation and practices. The Finance Assistant will promote a client-oriented approach consistent with Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme policies and procedures, rules and regulations. The Finance Assistant will have functional working relations with other Finance staff in the office, as well as programme and operations staff.
2. Job Purpose
The Finance Assistant will provide leadership in execution of financial management functions in the target Provinces, ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services, mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing accounting and administrative support and guidance to the provincial offices. The Finance Assistant will maintain close working relations with the Operations Manager, the Finance Associate and the Province administration, as well as other programme/ technical teams.
3. Major Activities/Expected Results
- Ensures proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system. Provides accounting and administrative support in the monitoring of the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
- Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information to CO on a continuous basis.
- Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assists in the management of the Country Office and Provinces budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office.
- Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system in full compliance with Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme policies and procedures, rules, regulations and policies, processing financial transactions in accurate and timely way. Implements internal controls for Provinces and programme operations in efficient and effective way; and follows up both internal and HACT audit recommendations.
- Substantively contributes to and implements Provinces cost saving and cost reduction strategies. Maps CO finance business processes and proposes fine-tunes in the internal Standard Operating Procedures in finance, ensuring the proper balance between effectiveness and the control elements.
- Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represents Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme policies and procedures in related negotiations and agreements.
- Ensures proper Provinces cash management functioning in liaison with local UNFPA Finance Unit preparing monthly cashflow forecast for the programme operations, acting as cashier for cash disbursements made on site, and creating bank transfers for settlements.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing for the Implementing Partner agencies staff organizing trainings on financial management and financial reporting, including the NEX financial statements. Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practices synthesizing lessons learnt and best practices in financial management.
4. Job Requirements
University degree in Business or Public Administration. Professional Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CA desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Proficiency in Atlas, PeopleSoft, and other computerized applications used by the UN.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic qualifications to the address below by 20 March 2020 close of business.
The Human Resources Manager UNFPA Country Office, UN House 9350 Alick Nkhata Road, P.O. Box 31966, Lusaka
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the UNFPA Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!