Job Vacancy Opened at Education Development Center for Application | How to Apply.
The Education Development Center Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Education Development Center Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Education Development Center recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The Education Development Center jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Education Development Center Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The USAID Let’s Read Zambia project is a 5-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by the Education Development Center (EDC). USAID Let’s Read Zambia works to improve reading outcomes for children attending pre-primary (kindergarten) through to Grades 3 and provide professional development for teachers to support reading interventions in Zambian public and community schools.
The Administration and Finance Officer (AFO) will be based in Solwezi, North-Western Province and manages day-to-day finance and administrative operations, including implementing EDC and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues. In addition, the AFO will supports the Finance and Compliance Director in the preparation of field office financial reports and tracking of spending. The AFO will report to the Finance & Compliance Director and will be supervised by the Provincial Office Manager, administratively.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing EDC and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues
- Supports the Finance and Compliance Director in the preparation of field office financial reports and tracking of spending
- Provides updated, timely and accurate financial reports to Finance and Administration Director, as necessary, and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information
- Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from provincial field offices
- Request the necessary project funds for the provincial expenditure to be transferred from the central account to field accounts
- Act as the contact person for provincial level reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and support with Finance and Administration Director to respond to any inquiries from the EDC home office in Washington, DC
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial spreadsheets, cash flow forecasts in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Perform data entry into the accounting software
- Maintain accurate record keeping
- Follow up to ensure timesheets for provincial staff are submitted in a timely manner
- Tracks and monitors fuel consumption at the provincial level
- Conducts checks on compliance with USAID’s Anti-Terrorist Certification (“ATC”) regulations
- Other duties as required
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a finance related
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded projects
- Experience working with QuickBooks accounting system or similar product
- Experience working with computers, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in difficult work environment
- Willingness to travel to various provinces covered by the project
- Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge ( and or proficiency) any of the following languages, Chinyanja, Chitonga, Silozi, Lunda, Luvale, Kiikaonde and Icibemba languages highly preferred.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14 July, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Education Development Center Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!