Job Vacancy Opened at International Labour Organization for Application | How to Apply.
The International Labour Organization Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
International Labour Organization Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The International Labour Organization recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The International Labour Organization jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of International Labour Organization Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The Following Are Eligible To Apply
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
- The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who are Zambian nationals.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
- Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is K 250,910 (Zambian Kwacha) yearly.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) CO-Lusaka covers Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique provides technical support and advisory services to the Government, Workers’ and Employers’ Organisation as a Tripartite constituents of the ILO. The Goal of the ILO is to contribute towards attainment of Decent Work for men and women throughout the world. Decent work is central to global efforts to tackle poverty and as a means of achieving equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. This is fostered through the Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) which is the main vehicle through which the ILO Members States together with the Employers’ and Workers’ organization coordinate and effectively implement Development aimed at contributing towards achieving Decent Work for All.
While promotion of Decent Work is the primary mandate of the ILO, the United Nations system as a whole is supporting the promotion of full and productive employment and Decent Work for All. Therefore, the ILO works with other UN agencies and partners in efforts aimed at making Decent Work a reality for women and men. In view of the above, the ILO is seeking to recruit a high qualified and competent Information Technology Assistant to support the Country Office for Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique.
The incumbent will provide a range of user support services in an effective, efficient and client-oriented manner. The work will involve providing end user assistance, managing active directory (AD) objects, supporting and maintaining office equipment, organizing and maintaining shared drive data, supporting software deployment, and monitoring and supporting local area networks (LAN). The incumbent will perform the day-to-day work at a fully operational level and identifies and resolves a variety of recurring ICT issues, requiring the correct application of ICT-related rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. The position provides support to higher level ICT all staff in the CO- Lusaka Office.
Under the overall responsibility of the ILO Country Office Director for Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique, the Information Technology Assistant will report and work under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer.
The incumbent will regularly liaise with and seek and receive guidance from the Regional Systems Analyst in the ROAF. External contacts are primarily with ICT service providers to coordinate ICT services and with counterparts in United Nations (UN) agencies and other international organizations to seek or provide information on services or supplies and related costs.
Description Of Duties
- Perform a range of ICT support functions related to software and hardware deployment, AD object management, LAN support, end-user support, and ensuring compliance with applicable standards.
- Troubleshoot desktop and standard application-related problems (on-site and using remote support technologies) in compliance with established escalation procedures. Provide basic assistance and training to end users on how to solve common ICT issues and provide inputs into guidance documents as required.
- Based on information provided by HR and/or responsible staff in the office, manage user accounts ensuring their timely creation, maintenance and end-dating in accordance with the contractual status of staff. Store and maintain user details in the AD and verify accuracy on a regular basis. Review and clean up unnecessary computer objects in the AD to ensure license compliance.
- Install, replace and maintain ICT hardware and software, including desktop hardware, laptops, printers, phones and WiFi access points. Deploy most recent image on ILO official PCs and ensure they are running official antivirus software. Clean personal computers (PCs) of viruses and spyware upon instruction from HQ. Update the PC hardware inventory in accordance with HQ recommendations. Deploy and configure official mobile phones and tablets. Configure PCs to run the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and other enterprise applications
- Grant access rights to file systems and applications through groups based on established naming conventions and standards. Clean up file systems. Inform staff of mailbox and file system quotas and assist them with compliance. Assist users to remove unnecessary personal data files and duplicates. Back up data stored on non-centralized infrastructure in compliance with applicable standards.
- Log tickets describing technical problems that cannot be resolved locally and escalate to Regional Systems Analyst in the ROAF/ and or INFOTEC in HQ
- Deploy software through the System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM). Remove inappropriate software. Remove and replace legacy software as it becomes obsolete.
- Keep abreast of relevant ICT rules, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes. Share information with and provide guidance to staff, reinforcing the need to observe ICT standards. Participate in ICT-related meetings and workshops.
- Provide other ICT support services including setting up video conference equipment, organizing logistics for deployment of ICT hardware in support of meetings.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Completion of secondary school education, plus a formal training in computers and computer systems from a recognized commercial or technical school or equivalent.
Minimum of five years of relevant Information Technology work experience in a range of support functions. Work experience in the NGO sector or UN would be an added advantage. Experience with systems and databases.
Excellent command of English and working knowledge of another language of the duty station.
- Knowledge of ICT security principles and practices.
- Knowledge of operating systems, enterprise applications, networks and ITIL processes.
- Excellent knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
In Addition To The ILO Core Competencies [Integrity And Transparency, Sensitivity To Diversity, Orientation To Learning And Knowledge Sharing, Client Orientation, Communication, Orientation To Change, Takes Responsibility For Performance, Quality Orientation, Collaboration], This Position Requires
- Ability to interpret and work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems.
- Ability to follow incident management processes.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Confidentiality and a sense of responsibility to maintain data integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
ONLY SHORTLSITED CANDIDATES WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
“Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position can also be offered to be assigned on another temporary position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position”.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 9 July, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the International Labour Organization Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!