Job Vacancy Opened at UNDP for Application | How to Apply.
The UNDP Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
UNDP Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The UNDP recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The UNDP jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of UNDP Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Project Steering Committee within the constraints of time, budget, quality and scope. The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day management and decision-making for the project. The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Manager reports to the UNDP Country Director and the Director of Agriculture under Ministry of Agriculture.
- Plan and develop project Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and establish Annual Targets in accordance with the Project Document and in close coordination with project stakeholders and the PMU staff;
- Ensure that AWP activities suggested are in line with the overall direction set by the Project Document and lead to the timely achievements of project targets and results;
- Oversee and coordinate development and formulation of detailed implementation plans, procurement and human resources, communication and risk management plans for the Project;
- Ensure implementation of activities as per AWP and agreed deadlines as well as according to detailed implementation, procurement and HR plans;
- Identify bottlenecks and develop solutions;
- Assess project impact and oversee the appropriateness and accuracy of methods used to verify progress and results;
- Establish adequate monitoring procedures and systems throughout project activities in consultation and collaboration with Ministry, UNDP and consultants;
- Ensure that adequate systems are in place to gather data and information for project monitoring and that systematic monitoring of project progress against targets is undertaken, including regular field trips for monitoring purposes;
- Develop innovative improvements to enhance performance of the project;
- Manage the accurate and timely high-quality results reporting on the progress of the project and achievement of annual targets to the Project Board and GCF. Ensure that GCF and UNDP reports are prepared according to UNDP’s SOPs, quality standards and in line with the contractual obligations to GCF;
- Ensure that all internal and external reports are submitted by deadlines;
- Coordinate and prepare ad hoc thematic and substantive reports/analysis/briefs;
- Ensure that project communications activities are being implemented;
- Organise and participate in project level coordination meetings and/or technical working groups as per project document and AWP;
- Implement project governance arrangements;
- Ensure organisation of Project Board meetings and ensure timely preparation of agenda, background materials to agenda items and minutes;
Ensures day-to-day management of the project, by focusing on the following results:
- Ensure compliance of all actions and activities with organizational rules, regulations, policies, strategies and internal control mechanisms;
- Mobilize personnel, goods and services, training and grants schemes to initiate activities, including drafting and reviewing terms of references and work specifications and overseeing all contractors’ work;
- Oversee effective provision of services to project stakeholders as required;
- Oversee the appropriate use of project funds as well as the consistent application of UNDP rules and regulations. Manage requests for the provision of financial resources by UNDP, through advance of funds, direct payments, or reimbursement using the FACE (Fund Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures);
- Monitor budget implementation and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of project expenditure;
- Coordinate preparation of financial reports to UNDP, as required;
- Supervise and manage project personnel and consultants. Develop ToRs for consultancies and other short-term jobs;
- Establish performance objectives and standards and ensure timely and appropriate feedback, guidance and support to ensure optimum performance;
- Undertake performance evaluation of project management staff;
- Manage and monitor project risks. In collaboration with the technical project staff, UNDP and MoA identify new risks and update risk frameworks for consideration of the Project Steering Committee for consideration and decision on possible actions if required;
- Update the status of these risks by maintaining the project risks log;
- Ensure appropriate management of project assets, attendance records, filing system.
- Implement audit recommendations for the project;
- Provide inputs to audit management responses;
- Initiate operational closure of the project.
Ensures and coordinates provision of high quality technical advice and building of partnerships, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordinate the advisory activities of the project technical staff including the. Ensure that technical outputs are provided according to plans and up to highest technical standards. Review and clear technical outputs for quality;
- Establish, maintain and facilitate strategic dialogue between UNDP Staff, project staff and Government officials at central and local levels, in project’s area of work;
- Provide technical advice, draft papers/briefs/proposals in project’s technical focus;
Facilitates knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that the Project systematically builds capacities of stakeholders through introduction of innovation and best practices, access to knowledge and expertise and promote their application to project implementation;
- Promote teamwork, information sharing and collaboration within the Project Team and between the Project Team and the Government partners and UNDP;
- Promote skills development of project staff through coaching and mentoring;
- Ensure capturing and disseminations of lessons learnt during project implementation;
- Facilitate the Project’s representation and/or participation in international knowledge networks to draw on and share best practice and lessons learned.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Ability to account for resources placed under one’s care and responsibility
Creative Problem Solving
- Being able to solve problems leading to team cohesion and optimization of performance
- Ability to effectively engage stakeholders
- Ability to focus on professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
Leading by Example
- Walking the talk and using the power of influence to effect positive change
Respect for Diversity
- Observes diversity in racial, tribal, religious and sexual orientation
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Climate Change, Agriculture, Rural Development or related field. A Master’s degree in Project Management with a Bachelor’s degree in the fields listed above is acceptable
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments;
- Experience in working on climate change projects;
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and programme writing;
- Prior experience in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in rural development set up is desired.
- English and Zambian languages spoken in the area of operation is an added advantage.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 12 May, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the UNDP Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!