Job Vacancy Opened at HLB Zambia for Application | How to Apply.
The HLB Zambia Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
HLB Zambia Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The HLB Zambia recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The HLB Zambia jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of HLB Zambia Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Our client The HBCU Global Health Consortium (HBCU GHC) , is looking for an eligible and qualified individual to fill up the position of Country Director for their Lusaka, Zambia Office.
The HBCU Global Health Consortium (HBCU GHC) consists of four historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in the United States: Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU), Meharry Medical College (MMC), Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM), and Howard University (HU). Funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau, Division of Global HIV Programs, the HBCU GHC project is a multi-year initiative.
The HBCU GHC is established to develop and implement strategies to address the social determinants and health inequalities found within the context of the clinical transformation that will enhance and improve the provision of HIV/AIDS services in Lusaka, Zambia. The goal of the project- with its partners (HRSA and PEPFAR)- is to improve the quality of healthcare, clinic workflow, and teambuilding which will lead to improved health outcomes within the district hospitals in Lusaka, Zambia.
The HBCU GHC is seeking a qualified Country Director who will be responsible for the overall strategic planning, human resources, program implementation, program support operations, finance, administration, monitoring and evaluation, supervision, expansion, and required reporting of the HBCU GHC’s work in Zambia. They will lead external relations with the host government (e.g. Ministry of Health), donors, and national and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to strengthen working relationships with these entities and ensure overall success of the project. The Country Director has overall responsibility to monitor that the financial and administrative management of the country office complies with local laws, budgetary allocations, donor requirements and HBCU GHC’s policies and procedures. They will be responsible for ensuring that the consortium members’ work-plans are implemented on time, on target, and within budget. The Country Director plays a key strategic role in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities in collaboration with all Principal Investigators from each consortium member. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia.
The tasks listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all in-inclusive.
- Oversee, lead, and direct programmatic, financial, HR, and administrative planning, operations, and reporting of HBCU GHC.
- Plan, set targets, and monitor progress toward these goals with each school; set benchmarks; ensure quarterly and annual progress updates.
- Build and maintain a strong HBCU team, in execution of duties, and in accomplishment of results; promote individual and team performance; create and maintain team spirit and morale among the HBCU GHC team.
- Meet regularly with relevant USG and host government agencies; represent and advocate for the HBCU GHC program in such meetings.
- Oversee execution of program related events such as workshops, site visits and assessments.
With HBCU GHC PIs support, develop school specific work-plans on schedule; update them as needed; and align them with required formats.
- With support from the HBCU GHC PIs, oversee and guide efforts to plan, manage, and direct HBCU GHC programs as needed and ensure ongoing alignment with approved work plans.
- Coordinate the annual work planning with partners.
- Assure adequate knowledge of applicable local laws (e.g. labor and tax) to ensure compliance with relevant laws, policies and rules.
- Monitor and track program expenditures to ensure adequate funding throughout the year.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of high-quality and accurate progress and financial reports to the donor agency and HBCU GHC as required.
- Ensure that the HBCU GHC program comply with donor agency requirements, as well as relevant technical guidelines and requirements.
- In collaboration with the HBCU GHC PIs, coordinate with other USG implementing partners and local organizations to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Monitor mission and other sources forecasts on a continuous basis to develop a robust business development pipeline.
- Propose partnering options and seek HBCU GHC consensus on business development decisions.
- Contribute to proposal development including coordinating completion of tasks and writing and editing essential sections.
- Effective management of the HBCU GHC local teams from strategy to individual school technical support, monitoring and evaluation to ensure compliance with overall annual work plans.
- Provide leadership to the HBCU GHC teams in country and establish a culture of results and accountability.
- Identify and advocate for professional development and training opportunities.
- Set annual performance parameters and management of annual staff evaluation process in close collaboration with the HBCU GHC PIs.
- Provide support to consortium members with screening, interviewing, and selecting in-country candidates to fill vacant positions.
Partnerships and Representation
- Build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, establish, facilitate, and maintain relationships with, and represent HBCU GHC to various actors described above, with the aim of promoting HBCU GHC in-country.
- Establish and facilitate communication with HBCU GHC PIs, review and approve official correspondence to in-country institutions, USG agencies, and other entities.
- Coordinate with HBCU GHC and other key stakeholders such as MOH, CDC to review implement and ensure proper program alignment and identify and resolve concerns.
- Maintain and strengthen key working relationships with both the HBCU GHC, donor agencies and MOH.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or advanced degree (MPH, PhD or MD) in Public Health, Medicine or any other relevant field required.
- Optimally, 10 or more years of relevant, successful experience in managing overseas HIV/AIDS, public health and health systems strengthening programs highly desired.
- Demonstrated success in leading complex projects and experience in program administration, financial oversight, award contractual compliance, and sub-award management required.
- Experience supporting multiple Principal Investigators or project directors simultaneously is highly desired.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones required.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in developing program sustainability and capacity building; project monitoring and evaluation reports required.
- Experience managing PEPFAR funded programs, contracts, and reporting systems and cording with implementing partners highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in working with the Republic of Zambia’s Ministry of Health, especially in HIV/AIDS service delivery highly desired.
- Solid professional reputation and proven success in building relationships with host country government agencies, counterparts, and donors (e.g., HRSA, CDC, USAID, DFID, SIDA, Foundations) highly desired.
- Skilled and experienced in providing capacity building trainings required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in local Zambian language(s) is an advantage.
- Demonstrated strategic vision for the Zambian health sector, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience
- Proven track record in new business development, and willingness/ability to engage on an ongoing basis in new business development as required to maintain a healthy country portfolio.
- Knowledge of development principles and practices, as well as USG rules and regulations, and relevant technical guidelines governing grant programs.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and strong professional judgment required.
- Experience working with international, governmental or non-governmental agencies, donor organizations, or other relevant entities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, meet deadlines, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations effectively required.
- Demonstrated ability to improve performance and satisfaction required
- Energetic, independent, self-motivated.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and basic IT knowledge required.
Method of Application
For consideration, please send resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter in PDF format with position applied for in the subject line to [email protected]. Please indicate your monthly salary requirements (inclusive of base salary and transport, meal and housing allowances) in Zambian Kwacha within the cover letter as a fixed amount or range. Please do not submit additional materials. Applicants who fail to follow these application instructions will be disqualified from further consideration. Please note that only shortlisted candidates that have followed these specific instructions will be considered and contacted.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the HLB Zambia Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!