Job Vacancy Opened at WWF-World Wide Fund for Application | How to Apply.
The WWF-World Wide Fund Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
WWF-World Wide Fund Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The WWF-World Wide Fund recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The WWF-World Wide Fund jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of WWF-World Wide Fund Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with close to five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zambia seeks to recruit proficient, energetic and motivated individual to be part of the team in the following role: Position title: Freshwater Programme Manager.
1. About the WWF Zambia Fresh water program goals and component
The Freshwater Programme Manager is responsible for securing the outcomes of the FW program stated in the WWF Zambia country strategy and the FW program strategy. The Manager will lead the design, implementation and accountability of the components of the WWF Zambia Freshwater programme. The major function for this position is to provide leadership and management support to ensure successful implementation of the Freshwater programme. The leader will secure and successfully manage strategic partners and competent staff to deliver quality and high impact programming of all Freshwater program components. Ensuring that outputs per modules are effectively and efficiently delivered in line with ZCO, WWF International and donor standards of excellent delivery
2. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads long term and annual planning and implementation of ZCO freshwater program at landscape, national and transboundary level
- Ensures that the Freshwater programme remains relevant to national priorities, civil society, and is aligned with the WWF Global Goals and Freshwater Practice outcomes.
- Secures and maintains relationships with key strategic and implementation partners from public sector, private sector, regulator and academia
- Consults with relevant specialists/consultants externally and within the Network to gather information relevant to the development and implementation of a very strategic Freshwater programme; including coordinating WWF ZCO freshwater inputs into national conservation strategy and the WWF Freshwater Practice and other practices.
- Effective and efficient implementation through developing annual programme work plans and budgets with clear priorities; including identifying opportunities for program improvement.
- Takes responsibilities for developing synergies and integration of freshwater work and other programs in WWF ZCO at the national and landscape level
- Supervises and coordinates water resources protection work water stewardship, bankable projects and water resources protected areas; and hydropower planning and sustainable renewable energy work
- Provide leadership in the establishment of a world-class ‘water leadership centre’ on the banks of the Kafue River to contribute to sustainable water management in the Zambezi River Basin.
- Ensures that the programme is, as necessary, coordinated with existing and new projects;
- Effectively manage workload and performance of team members against overall program priorities
- In coordination with the Conservation Manager and other senior management staff, develop and reviews all project proposals/budgets prior to submission to donors to ensure that they are designed/planned in accordance with WWF Project and Programme Management Standards (PPMS).
- Provides technical leadership and support related to Freshwater programme outputs, interventions and approaches;
- Develop and implement protocols with technical assistance from senior management staff and stakeholders for targeted monitoring and evaluation of the programme performance;
- Provides technical assistance all relevant WWF ZCO staff and partners to ensure that implementation and monitoring freshwater programme activities are on course and efficient.
- Facilitate or support research initiatives designed to generate information on identified priority aspects related to programme development and implementation;
- Supports the delivery of transboundary components of the Zambezi river and Kwando river basins freshwater projects, including synergies of these projects with other WWF Zambia and partner projects in focal landscapes within these river basins.
- Participate in the development of overall and partner-specific WWF Zambia partnership strategies, including fundraising components to Freshwater interventions and innovations;
- Ensures strategic/policy engagement with relevant international and national stakeholders on Freshwater related issues.
- Do any other duty as assigned by line manager
- At least a Masters-level degree in an appropriate conservation field (hydrology, environment /natural resource management / forestry / wildlife / freshwater / terrestrial ecology). Additional academic training or a degree in a management field would be a strong asset;
- At least 10 years of experience – including at least five years of field work – leading, developing, and managing programmes / large-scale projects in one or more of the above-mentioned fields. Experience with multi-disciplinary teams, as well as familiarity with the Southern Africa region, would be a strong asset;
- Knowledge of and experience with monitoring and evaluation of programmes / projects; and
Knowledge of the institutional and legal framework pertaining to water resources management in the region as well as of relevant policy issues would be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leadership and project management abilities;
- Excellent people management and partnership building experience
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF Zambia and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Good command of English and both written and spoken
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, and high pressure situations;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined, and Engaging.
Adherence to WWF Global behavioural competencies:
- Strive for Impact «I am results driven. Everything I do, the way I think, plan and implement is driven by a relentless search for impact. »
- Listen Deeply «I go beyond my point of view and strive to see the bigger picture from different perspectives. I stay curious and listen deeply to what others have to say. »
- Collaborate Openly «I’m a global citizen working for a living planet. I am constantly thinking of how with others, together, we can be more impactful. I work across boundaries, openly ask for help and share what I know, both internally and externally. »
- Innovate Fearlessly «I take risks to find better solutions. I measure progress and learn from mistakes. I share both success & failures. I encourage others to do the same. »
Method of Application
Email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating the position applied for to [email protected]. Both cover letter and CV must be on one page and in pdf form. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for applications: 11th May, 2020.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the WWF-World Wide Fund Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!