Job Vacancy Opened at Action Africa Help International for Application | How to Apply.
The Action Africa Help International Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Action Africa Help International Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Action Africa Help International recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The Action Africa Help International jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Action Africa Help International Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia, and Ethiopia. AAH-I has over 30 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
The core role of the Head of Programme is to oversee all the organisation’s programmes. It will involve ensuring that projects are implemented to the highest standard and are achieving the desired outcomes and impact. The incumbent networks with relevant in-country stakeholders and donors and deputizes for the Country Director, as may be required
Key Responsibility Areas
1. As a member of the Country Senior Management Team
- Supports the development of new projects
- Together with finance, undertakes budget tracking monthly
- Identifies and establishes key networks with the broader interagency
- Support the delivery of KPIS
- Supports the development of an organisational culture that reflects AAH’s values, vision and mission
- Supports the Country Director in the formulation and implementation of the country strategic plan
- Helps design or review and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with organisational practices and appropriate to programme needs
- Helps establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: donors, partner agencies as well as government ministries and departments at district (field) level.
2. Oversight of Programme Development and Implementation
- Manages all projects (oversight, planning, coordination, control and Reporting)
- Gives support to ALL Luapula province project activities
- Delivers the CRS function
- Has delegated responsibility for field delivery of high quality programming in line with the objectives of the country strategy
- In close coordination with HQ and other senior managers, actively participates in the development of high quality concept notes and proposals for submission to donors
- Ensures that the required support to projects is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the agreed standard operating procedures
- Ensures programme implementation staff are well versed and are effectively applying organizational policies and practices that result in successful financial and programmatic audit scores
- Ensures preparation of timely and high quality institutional and donor reports
3. Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning
- Ensures all projects have M&E frameworks that outline the objectives, inputs, outputs and outcomes of the intended projects and the indicators that will be used to measure all these.
- Conducts project monitoring for purposes of donor writing.
- Leads quarterly Programme Management Team (PMT) review sessions and ensure all Projects are holding monthly PMT reviews. Follow up and support implementation of ‘Action Points’ from monthly and quarterly PMTs.
- Ensures action planning and execution to resolve audit and evaluation findings and recommendations in a conclusive and timely manner.
- Promotes learning by ensuring information that is gathered during the project implementation is used for accountability and to inform future activities, or modify implementation approach.
4. Humanitarian Response Management
- Coordinates appropriate and timely responses at scale to all emergencies in close cooperation with incoming surge teams as may be necessary.
- Ensures that all staff across departments and field offices are familiar with and adhere to standard operating procedures even during an emergency response.
- In coordination with the Country Programme Director and sector heads or program managers maintains consistent and coherent engagement in key inter-agency emergency preparedness and response coordination mechanisms including the Cluster system.
5. Communications and Information Management
- Leverages communications services to promote documentation of best/promising practices, success stories and case studies to support resource mobilisation, demonstrate impact and promote the image of the organization.
- Ensures a streamlined information management system in a manner that information is readily accessible and shared.
6. Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Ensures appropriate staffing within Programmes Departments or units.
- Ensures the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Together the HR focal person, co-manages staff performance.
- All projects have minimal challenges with implementation
- One Bankable project developed for 2021
- All donor reports delivered on time
- No budget overruns or underspends
- Less than one labour challenge
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship or related field
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in an NGO or other humanitarian environment, including significant field operations experience in running both emergency and development programmes, with at least 3 years working in primary health care and community-based health programming, or food security/livelihoods
- A very good understanding of the three AAH‘s main programme sectors; public health, food security/livelihoods and humanitarian emergency
- Ability to provide strong project M&E support and compile/review quality donor reports
- Experience in designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, including, social impact assessment, desk reviews, interviews and field work
- Substantial knowledge and experience of effective financial and budgetary control and supporting projects to stay on course with implementation
- Exceptional general management and communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds
- Previous experience of managing and developing a sizeable team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others to achieve high impact results
Skills and Competencies
- Strong strategic and creative thinking. Demonstrated ability to take a strategic view across a large complex programme
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, editing and reporting
- Good knowledge of financial and administrative management
- Personal commitment, drive for results,efficiency and flexibility
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and analysis softwares
- Ability to mobilize and influence different audiences and communities
- Able to capacity build and develop others
- Commitment to the organizational vision, mission and values
Method of Application
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected] to be received by 22nd May, 2020. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Action Africa Help International Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!