Job Vacancy Opened at Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia for Application | How to Apply.
The Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia Job Recruitment/Vacancies application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates are published here for free.
Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
The Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia recruitment is opened for the below positions available. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline as published on Zambiainfo.com.
- The Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia Vacancy Positions & How to Apply.
Position: Urban Planning Expert/ Project Lead – Support to the Chipata Integrated Development Plan (IDP) Committee in Preparation of the Chipata Joint IDP
Location: Chipata, Zambia
Start Date: April 2020
Contract Duration: 6 months
About Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia (CIGZambia)
CIGZambia is a facility that provides high-quality independent technical advice and assistance to Zambian government bodies and private sector organisations engaged in projects / programmes that help harness the potential of Zambia’s cities and towns to act as drivers for economic growth and job creation. CIGZambia is funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID).
The overall programme objectives are:
- increasing urban productivity;
- improving inclusive access to urban economic infrastructure services;
- increasing investment into urban economic infrastructure services; and,
- enhancing national and regional integration between cities.
About the role
CIGZambia is recruiting an Urban Planning Expert with strong project management and capacity building skills to be the Project Lead (“Project Lead”) for the provision of technical support to the Chipata Joint Integrated Development Plan (IDP) Committee in the preparation of the Chipata Joint IDP (JIDP). The Project Lead will oversee a team of Experts and will be the link between CIGZambia and Chipata JIDP stakeholders, including Ministries, Provinces and Government Spending Agencies, civil society organisations, businesses, special interest groups and development partners.
The Project Lead must have a strong understanding of the local context, government administrative and planning procedures, legislative and regulatory frameworks, and political economy, including risk profile of the JIDP region.
The Project Lead will develop a public consultation and communications strategy to ensure effective implementation of the JIDP Planning Programme and facilitate the preparation of the three JIDP reports: (1) Planning Survey and Issues Report, (2) Development Framework and (3) Implementation Plan. This includes the following responsibilities:
Guiding Chipata JIDP Committee processes
- Day-to-day project management support to the Chipata JIDP Committee and local stakeholders including: activity scheduling, defining a Detailed Work Plan and clear milestones, and ensuring deliverables are completed at agreed times;
- Working with the IDP Manager to initiate and organise JIDP progress reviews;
- Reporting/recording the JIDP process and keeping records of events for CIGZambia;
- Quality assurance and control of all Chipata JIDP processes and deliverables.
Managing the CIGZambia IDP Expert Team
- With support from CIGZambia’s Programme Management Unit, identify and manage a locally based Expert Team (GIS Mapping/Spatial Analyst and Municipal Finance Expert) in preparation of Local Area Plans, Capital Investment Programme and Local Authority Financial Plans;
- Oversee the collection of data/information by field enumerators.
- Responsible for all matters related to capacity building, skills transfer and training of IDP Committee and Task Teams.
Preparation and presentation of IDP reports
- Prepare the initial outline and text for the Planning Programme and three IDP reports (i.e. Planning Survey and Issues Report, Development Framework, Implementation Plan and M&E Framework), with reference to the approved IDP guidelines;
- Facilitate IDP Committee workshops and meetings to develop IDP reports;
- Assist the IDP Committee in preparing the three Chipata JIDP Reports in Draft and Final versions, following the approved IDP Guidelines;
- Work with the IDP Manager and IDP Committee to present the Final JIDP to key stakeholders, including Council management, for validation.
The Project Lead will be based in Chipata to engage full-time with key stakeholders in the development of the Chipata JIDP. The Project Lead will work with the IDP Manager and interdisciplinary IDP task teams to identify and collect new and missing data/information from stakeholder institutions and communities. The Project Lead will have strong analytical and computer skills including design of appropriate methods and tools for data collection, processing and analysis, synthesis and presentation of results to key stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree Urban and Regional Planning, Development Economics, Geography, Urban Economic Development, or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in urban planning and development;
- Demonstrated skills in urban planning, spatial/land use planning, and socio-economic and environmental data collection, processing and analysis (quantitative and qualitative);
- Knowledge and experience facilitating IDP processes, preparing IDP Reports and familiarity with the Urban and Regional Planning Act (2015) and IDP guidelines;
- Demonstrable skills in GIS, Spatial Data Analysis, and Remote Sensing techniques;
- Experience in data analysis, programming and cartography and using statistical software, such as Stata and SPSS;
- Experience facilitating participatory planning processes and leading interdisciplinary teams of stakeholders and thematic experts in IDP processes;
- Demonstrable experience in managing client relations and team management;
- Demonstrable experience in leading, coordinating and motivating consultant teams;
- Willingness to take responsibility for delivery by the team of project outputs in a timely way and to the required standard;
- Experience coordinating the preparation of project reports;
- Proven capability in the project management of technical assistance consulting engagements;
- Membership in the Zambia Institute of Planners (ZIP) is desirable.
Method of Application
Please send your CV to [email protected]. For CV to be considered, subject line in email must be completed as follows: Project Lead for Support to the Chipata Joint IDP Committee – Candidate Last Name, First Name
Deadline for Applications:
Friday, March 27, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Cities and Infrastructure for Growth Zambia Jobs Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others via!